Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-18-2010, 02:34 AM   #1
thymaster
Zealot
thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kobo Aura Edition 2
Changing Font Family

Is there a way to change the font on the new Sony Reader PRS 350 and 650? I don't like their default font because it looks cluttered. I have a kobo and I love reading on it more then the Sony. I read faster on my Kobo then my PRS-650 because the font is easier on the eyes.
thymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 11:16 AM   #2
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->iOS/L2
Quote:
Originally Posted by thymaster View Post
Is there a way to change the font on the new Sony Reader PRS 350 and 650? I don't like their default font because it looks cluttered. I have a kobo and I love reading on it more then the Sony. I read faster on my Kobo then my PRS-650 because the font is easier on the eyes.
Yes! It's pretty easy.

Thread on Changing Fonts:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36361

Post with concise step by step instructions on changing fonts attached in a PDF at end of post:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...04&postcount=1
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2010, 08:04 PM   #3
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by slantybard View Post
Yes! It's pretty easy.

Thread on Changing Fonts:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36361
Even better, one of the MR members - jswinden - has summarized those instructions into a very nice PDF.

It's at the very bottom of the first (long) post on this thread.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98618
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 11:14 PM   #4
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Even better, one of the MR members - jswinden - has summarized those instructions into a very nice PDF.

It's at the very bottom of the first (long) post on this thread.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98618
Hey FizzyWater, both our posts are linking to the same PDF. heh heh.
Old 09-18-2010, 11:20 PM   #5
thymaster
Zealot
thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kobo Aura Edition 2
I don't get why the Sony engineers left out a simple feature like changeable fonts option that most eBooks out there already support. It should be standard instead of leaving up to the end users to hack. I'm going to write to Sony and hopefully the next update we will see this feature.
thymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2010, 12:41 AM   #6
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by slantybard View Post
Hey FizzyWater, both our posts are linking to the same PDF. heh heh.
Oops...I didn't click the second link. Thought it was about converting PDFs!

FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 01:10 AM   #7
slantybard
my parent's oops...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Oops...I didn't click the second link. Thought it was about converting PDFs!

You were much more eloquent about it than I was.