Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-09-2010, 04:23 PM   #1
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
Can't get rid of bottom margin in epubs

On my PRS 505, I can't seem to get rid of a bottom margin in my epubs. At the bottom of each screen full of text there will always be at least one blank line, sometimes 2/3. This happens even when I set all margins to 0 in the style sheet and in each document in the epub.

Is this a common problem? A bug with the ADE software on the device?
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 04:35 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
One thing to try changing is widows and orphans, see CSS Reference - widows. I have typically seen these set to zero, see ePub to ePub - just replace CSS?
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2010, 04:53 PM   #3
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, but it made no difference. I currently have this:

Code:
    <style type="text/css">
		@page 
		{ 
			border-color: rgb(0, 0, 0);
			border-style: none;
			border-width: 0;
			color: rgb(0, 0, 0);
			display: none;
			font-size: 10pt; 
			font-weight: normal;
			text-align: left;
			margin: 0;
			text-indent: 0
			widows: 0;
			orphans: 0;
		}
	</style>
And my text is like this:

Code:
<div id="38">
<div>Line 1.</div>
<div>Line 2.</div>
<div>Line 3.</div>
<div>Line 4.</div>
<div>Line 5.</div>
etc
</div>
I have tried many things, but nothing seems to get rid of the bottom margin.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:15 PM   #4
ShellShock
Wizard

I spoke to soon--it seems I was using the widows/orphans style in the wrong place. Now I have put it in the .body style it seems to be working. So many thanks wallcraft, and have some karma on me.