Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-17-2010, 10:31 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Pocketbook 302

I posted the photos of the prototype PB901 over here. I decided to post the rest and give a brief update on the status of the Pocketbook 302. The projected release date is March with a retail of $340.

PB302
  • 6" E-ink screen
  • 16 level gray scale
  • touchscreen
  • accelerometer
  • USB Host (no, that is not a typo)
  • Wifi
  • Bluetooth
  • SDHC card slot
  • FBReader
  • Additional software: RSS feed reader, Calendar, Notes, Sudoku

If the 302 follows the design philosophy of the 360, then installing new apps shouldn't be that hard. The 360 already has a new version of FBReader that makes use of the 360's accelerometer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0328.JPG
Views:	1024
Size:	1,002.5 KB
ID:	43670   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0330.JPG
Views:	975
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	43671   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0331.JPG
Views:	902
Size:	938.8 KB
ID:	43672   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0333.JPG
Views:	899
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	43673   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0334.JPG
Views:	806
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	43674   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0554.JPG
Views:	863
Size:	991.7 KB
ID:	43675   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0558.JPG
Views:	805
Size:	964.0 KB
ID:	43676   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0559.JPG
Views:	799
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	43677   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0561.JPG
Views:	916
Size:	785.1 KB
ID:	43678   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0564.JPG
Views:	864
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	43679   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0565.JPG
Views:	850
Size:	945.1 KB
ID:	43680   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0567.JPG
Views:	782
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	43681   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0568.JPG
Views:	754
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	43682  

Last edited by Nate the great; 01-17-2010 at 11:14 PM.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:48 PM   #2
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
big fan of Pocketbook Global but to be perfectly honest, the $340 price tag gives me pause. Nice as the device might be, it needs to do a lot for me to justify such a price tag. I look forward to how people like the device, but am still in the PB360 plus and Edge camp for this microsecond.... hehehe.... don't hate me for that Yar...
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2010, 03:27 AM   #3
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
What's the device on pic 10? Anybody know?
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 04:05 AM   #4
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Aura 2, iPhone, iPad
The 302 screen looks more grey on the photos. Is that because of the touch screen?
pietvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 05:01 AM   #5
Hogan
Zealot
Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Motorola Xoom
The spec looks great. The $340 is kinda steep though.

I had been waiting on this for a long time but having seen the glare on that screen and on hearing that the date had slipped yet again to March, I just went ahead and got a Sony 600.

Pocketbook say that the screen will change for the production device and the glare should be greatly reduced. I'm looking forward to the reviews of the production unit.
Hogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2010, 06:34 AM   #6
Forkosigan
Wizard
Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.

Device: Pocketbook Touch (622)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
This is the prototype of a new model of 6 "(perhaps with a larger diagonal or other type of display) devices with Wifi, 3G, Bluetooth USB Host, und Touchscreen. Will he in the series. And when it is not yet known.
Forkosigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 07:06 AM   #7
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
I'm pretty sure that I was told by the Freescale rep that that is the Freescale reference design. It was also in the Netronix booth.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 07:08 AM   #8
menelic
Enthusiast
menelic began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T2
Forkosigan,

could you let us know the 302 release date in Europe? We have been told several times that it will be out "in February", surely, as February is approaching you can be a bit more precise. Will it be the beginning or the end of February? When will you be able to circulate production models for the reviews so many people are looking fwd to? When will you accept preorders? And can you say more on that "major German retailer" that will sell the 302 in their stores?
menelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 07:20 AM   #9
PocketGoods
Banned
PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: PB360
Hi, menelic!

If you want to preorder the PocketBook 302, you can do it by our Shop http://www.pocketgoods.de.
Just write a message on CONTACT page. You can be sure, you will get your PB302 as soon as they will be available in Germany.
PocketGoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 07:46 AM   #10
zilyal
Connoisseur
zilyal began at the beginning.

Device: PB 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkosigan View Post
This is the prototype of a new model of 6 "(perhaps with a larger diagonal or other type of display) devices with Wifi, 3G, Bluetooth USB Host, und Touchscreen. Will he in the series. And when it is not yet known.
According to a CES review on the site of an Ukrainian magazine (http://ht.ua/news/92018.html) it's called the
"Lambo" and will be coloured in the typical Lamborghini yellow.
zilyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:36 AM   #11
lionel47
Addict
lionel47 doesn't litterlionel47 doesn't litter

Device: B&N Nook, Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan View Post
The spec looks great. The $340 is kinda steep though.

I had been waiting on this for a long time but having seen the glare on that screen and on hearing that the date had slipped yet again to March, I just went ahead and got a Sony 600.
I would be in for a Pocketbook 302. However, when is it going to be available?

Just a note to these companies: you keep dangling all these new toys in front of us and then neglect to say when they will be released. In the meantime, I continue to buy my two books a week while I wait for a device that does what I need it to do. In this case, the 302 would be perfect for me: RSS, WiFi...

Like the writer above, I am about to buy the Sony Daily even though it's more expensive, because at least it is available...even with the backorders.
lionel47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 03:15 PM   #12
Klein Nijenhuis
Zealot
Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Onyx Boox
Maybe a little late but the pocketbook 302 is now available for all European customers.

For a price of 295 euro including all the accessoires.
Klein Nijenhuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 06:08 PM   #13
tvpupsik
Addict
tvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enough

Device: PB 360, PB 602, PB IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klein Nijenhuis View Post
Maybe a little late but the pocketbook 302 is now available for all European customers.
Better late than never.

http://pocketbook.reader-ebook.org
tvpupsik is offline   Reply With Quote