Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-13-2012, 11:59 AM   #1
Shykat
Groupie
Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, iPad Mini, my PC and Galaxy Tab A :)
Nook Tablet HD with Calibre2opds

Hi!

Does the Nook Tablet HD have the ability to connect to the Content Server in Calibre over my home wifi?

Does the Nook Tablet HD work with the catalog created by Calibre2opds if that is loaded into DropBox?

I'm basically looking for a way to access all of my ebooks via wifi AND to have the ebook I'm reading at any given time, synced with the Nook reader I would install on my iPhone 4S.

I already know that Nooks don't keep the loaded books in the exact order I like them in....ie: Not moving the current book to the top of the list, keeping all ebooks in the order they were loaded onto the device .... but I think I might be able to work around this just by not loading quite as many books on my device at one time and using Calibre's Content Server or Calibre2opds to allow me to load a few books onto the device at a time.

I'm basically trying to decide between the Nook Tablet HD with no camera but the ability to expand with a micro sd card... or the iPad Mini, with camera, not expandable, and not HD.

The Nook software would also be loaded onto my iPhone 4S so I could sync my book as I read it making switching between the two devices as an ebook reader super easy.

I don't play a lot of games but might use things like Netflix, Pandora, and for games, Bejeweled, Words with Friends, etc.

It's a difficult decision with the $100 difference in price between the Nook Tablet HD and the Mini. ::sigh::

HELP! What suggestions can you give me?

Shykat
Shykat is offline   Reply With Quote