Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-07-2012, 11:09 PM   #91
enotar
Connoisseur
enotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of light

Device: kobo touch
great.
anyway to have Chess on touch.........
enotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:24 AM   #92
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Thank you very much! I've got the reading life Anyway, I keep on offering myself for Spanish translation
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2012, 01:51 AM   #93
ikarus9999
Connoisseur
ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Thank you very much! I've got the reading life Anyway, I keep on offering myself for Spanish translation
I'd appreciate your help in translating.

Attached is the spanish language file.
Please add the translations between the <translation> </translation> tags

e.g.

Code:
<translation type="unfinished">Biblioteca</translation>
Thanks for your help.
Attached Files
File Type: txt spanish.txt (2.4 KB, 251 views)
ikarus9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:16 AM   #94
Rainer Zenz
Groupie
Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch/Glo
New version:

24 hours work fine, but I think seconds should be hidden. In "Sonstiges" (Tools) translations seem to be incomplete

Another suggestion: A browser icon in the reading menue. For toggling between a book and e. g. Wikipedia in the shortest way.
Rainer Zenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:36 AM   #95
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikarus9999 View Post
The numbers can be removed quite easily but the reading screen is not resized. I guess it is because the lower center area is needed to show the reading footer (font settings ....).
Maybe I can find a way later.
Is this for kepubs or epubs?

If it's easy to remove the numbers for kepubs, would it be possible to get rid of the "pages per chapter" nonsense and have it say "pages per total" (just like how the numbers show up in epubs) instead? That would really really make my day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainer Zenz View Post
New version:
24 hours work fine, but I think seconds should be hidden.
Is this just the 24 hours for non-English system languages? Or have you/could you also implement the 24h clock for the English language (perhaps by telling it to use the German clock ).

And: THANK you ikarus9999, you're doing a wonderful wonderful job
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2012, 06:35 AM   #96
ikarus9999
Connoisseur
ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Quote:
New version:

24 hours work fine, but I think seconds should be hidden. In "Sonstiges" (Tools) translations seem to be incomplete
Which translations?
Old 11-08-2012, 06:45 AM   #97
Rainer Zenz
Groupie
Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch/Glo
I had suggested some posts ago:

"Sonstiges"-menue: "Library" is redundant, remove it. Translation for German: Browser = Internet; Reboot = Neustart; Reserved = Frei; WiFi = WLAN

"Browser" has changed to "Internet". Maybe you did that in general. Or translation works not properly. I don't know.
Rainer Zenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:08 AM   #98
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
Curses - I installed this plugin on my Kobo Touch (2.1.5) - got the Processing screen, I powered it off, on again, went into Library, opened a book, went back to my home screen - and nothing happened.

I'm wondering if this could be because I've got one of the "dud" Australian devices, the ones that have had such major issues with accepting firmware upgrade in the past?
This happened to me too, exactly the same.

Quote:
Good news! I did it again, and this time it seems to have worked. Maybe I munged something the first time (though I think I just did it the same way), or maybe it needed twice to take, or something else.
This did not happen to me. Second and third and fourth time: still no plugin. But THEN I realised I was only opening Kepub books. So I opened an epub instead: instant plugin activation. So apparently you have to open an epub.

Quote:
24 hours work fine, but I think seconds should be hidden.
I see now that 24h is indeed on mine as well, despite the English system language. But yes, please do remove the seconds! They are making me nervous!

Another thing: hitting "Library" goes directly to library, but always directly sorted by title. I prefer to see it by recent reads, is there a way for it to remember the last sort you used?
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:22 AM   #99
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Curses - I installed this plugin on my Kobo Touch (2.1.5) - got the Processing screen, I powered it off, on again, went into Library, opened a book, went back to my home screen - and nothing happened.

I'm wondering if this could be because I've got one of the "dud" Australian devices, the ones that have had such major issues with accepting firmware upgrade in the past?
The transition through the 2.0.4/2.1.5 update looks like it permanently changes the Firmware Update Management firmware. Since those versions were installed, a factory reset took me back to 1.9.11, then a Desktop drive update took me to 2.1.5.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:28 AM   #100
ewphoenix123
Addict
ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kobo: Glo, Aura , Aura H2O, Aura ONE, Forma, Elipsa
Quote:
I had suggested some posts ago:

"Sonstiges"-menue: "Library" is redundant, remove it.
You can do this yourself, just remove the line in the ini.
ewphoenix123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:26 AM   #101
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
The transition through the 2.0.4/2.1.5 update looks like it permanently changes the Firmware Update Management firmware. Since those versions were installed, a factory reset took me back to 1.9.11, then a Desktop drive update took me to 2.1.5.
I can confirm this. I have done two factory resets today (don't ask) and the Kobo desktop app took me straight from 1.9.11 to 2.1.5.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:38 AM   #102
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I wonder if what happened was the firmware size on the 2.0 series was too large; not leaving enough free space on the internal partition for a 2.1 upgrade, so by stripping out the built in dictionaries on the 2.1 series you are now able to go directly from 1.9 to 2.1 ?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:53 AM   #103
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikarus9999 View Post
I'd appreciate your help in translating.

Attached is the spanish language file.
Please add the translations between the <translation> </translation> tags

e.g.

Code:
<translation type="unfinished">Biblioteca</translation>
Thanks for your help.
You can find attached the Spanish language file with translations.
Attached Files
File Type: txt spanish.txt (2.5 KB, 221 views)
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:16 AM   #104
awuedynx
Enthusiast
awuedynx is a glorious beacon of lightawuedynx is a glorious beacon of lightawuedynx is a glorious beacon of lightawuedynx is a glorious beacon of lightawuedynx is a glorious beacon of lightawuedynx is a glorious beacon of lightawuedynx is a glorious beacon of lightawuedynx is a glorious beacon of lightawuedynx is a glorious beacon of lightawuedynx is a glorious beacon of lightawuedynx is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Papyre Pad 7.1, Kobo Touch
Gracias Terisa!
Soon I'll have more spanish on my device (?

Last edited by awuedynx; 11-08-2012 at 10:59 AM.
awuedynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:12 AM   #105
ikarus9999
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
You can find attached the Spanish language file with translations.
New version uploaded

Tags
kobo, plugin