Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-11-2007, 12:53 PM   #1
eth777
eth777 began at the beginning.

Device: irex iliad
User interface programming

I'm looking into doing some programs for the iliad, but I'm going to have a million questions along the way I'm sure.

Is there a way to setup "hotspots" on the interface to accept input and store that in a variable? either as ink or recognized text. I'm looking at setting up an interface and have something like form fields to accept input. Right now I'm not really looking at using that input for anything more than storing whatever is written there in ink.

Has anyone done something like this, or know of any examples?

Thanks
Eth
eth777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 10:50 AM   #2
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. iLiad programs are simply GTK applications. If you make an app with a few text boxes, than you can certainly capture the text inputted with the software keyboard.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2007, 12:19 PM   #3
eth777
eth777 began at the beginning.

Device: irex iliad
Thanks for the info.
I'm looking for input without using the keyboard, and it doesn't have to be text in a variable. Just capturing a section of drawn text, and maybe storing it as an image in a database. For example, a simple task list, where I would write in the task names, and be able to store each individual task separately. I can write a list on the regular writing pad, but I can't sort, or mark it complete.
eth777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 05:58 AM   #4
rincewind
Connoisseur
rincewind has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rincewind has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rincewind has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rincewind has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rincewind has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iLiad
Ipdf uses a scribble library to handle scribbles - you can see how it works in the ScribbleMgr of the ipdf. It's quite simple to work with, but you'd have to see by the x,y coordinates if you are within one field or other.

/R
rincewind is offline   Reply With Quote