Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-06-2011, 01:54 PM   #1
Jamestoo
Enthusiast
Jamestoo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Importing Web Site

I'm just beginning to learn Sigil and have some basic questions that I can't find answered in the excellent help manual in the software.

I have an existing Web site devoted to presenting images and descriptions of wildflowers. I would like to repackage it as a epub readable by Kindle.

I have some basic questions.

What I can't figure out is:

Can I import the site as an unit?

If so, how do I do this?

If I am limited to importing individual pages, how do I tie them together as a book?

Thanks!
Jamestoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 03:38 PM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
You need to save the site as html files. Then you can import the HMTL files, but be prepared for manual work to fix everything. A website is not a book.
If you import the various pages, it will be a book.

You need to reconvert the resulting ePUB to a mobi file to be able to read it on the Kindle.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2011, 05:30 PM   #3
Jamestoo
Enthusiast

Thank you, Toxaris, for your informative response. Now I can set to work!
Old 10-29-2011, 03:26 PM   #4
brontus
Enthusiast
brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.brontus is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500, Kindle Fire, Aldiko on LG Optimus Elite
If it is a Wordpress site for which you are an administrator, you can use the plugin wp2epub which will automatically create an epub file of your posts, although a lot of cleanup will be required.
brontus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:54 PM   #5
Jamestoo
Enthusiast

Not WP

Thanks for the tip, but my site is still FrontPage 2003. I thought I was pretty high tech when I managed to get it going eight years back!
Advert