Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-06-2012, 03:32 PM   #76
ikarus9999
Connoisseur
ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kobo Touch
Talking

New version available

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkgeyti View Post
This just keeps getting better and better. I want to build a wireless sync application, and everything is there (enable wifi -> shell script -> refresh), but it feels a little silly to have to push three buttons to sync your library.

Would it be possible to either chain commands (Plugin::connectWifi()::executeSystemCommand()::sy nc(1) - ish), or add something that makes it possible to call the Plugin functions (connectWifi etc.) from a shell script?

If I can get the whole process into a single button, I'll make a nice simplistic sync-tool to support wireless sync.
ikarus9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:59 PM   #77
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Thank you very much! It works quite well. I mainly like the direct access to shelves/library and the chance of putting ereader to sleep without the button.

Two questions:

1) Can I help to translate the plugins text (Tools/Shelves)
2) Can you include an access inside Custom Command to "Reading Life"? Silly thing, but I would like to have it (if it's possible, of course).
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:48 PM   #78
ral67
Enthusiast
ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura HD
wow - thanks

this pluging just keeps getting better and better.
Now the most used commands are right there on the main screen without going through menus and tiny icons

Now if just the clock would work.

Currently I can see clock only in the footer that is display if I call the menu - I mean the one with the icons for font size, options, ... on the footer.

During reading the footer just reads "S. xxx VON xxx"

Is this the clock supposed to display there as well ?
My Kobo is set to German - would that make a difference ?

BTW - is the sync() needed if I just input a microSD card or only if the file system is modified directly over ssh ?

thanks
ral67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:54 AM   #79
jkgeyti
jkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ral67 View Post
wow - thanks
BTW - is the sync() needed if I just input a microSD card or only if the file system is modified directly over ssh ?
thanks
As far as I remember, the Touch will automatically sync when:
- The USB cable is detached (refreshes onboard library only).
- A micro-SD is inserted (refreshes SD library only)
- The webbrowser downloads a new file (may only add that single file to the library, havn't checked)

In short, you should be fine as long as you're not modifying the file system through telnet/ftp/ssh etc.
jkgeyti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:17 AM   #80
jkgeyti
jkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to beholdjkgeyti is a marvel to behold

This is sweet - you forgot Plugin::connectWifi() in your first post though
jkgeyti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:24 AM   #81
ikarus9999
Connoisseur
ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkgeyti View Post
This is sweet - you forgot Plugin::connectWifi() in your first post though
Thanks for the info
Updated first post.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:24 AM   #82
ewphoenix123
Addict
ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kobo: Glo, Aura , Aura H2O, Aura ONE, Forma, Elipsa
Works perfect, thank you for the direct shelves access.

The only thing I can still think off as a feature for the front page, would be plugins for the other Extra-programms, sudoku, chess, etc.

You gonna tackle the reader app aswell? removing the pagenumbers etc.? Not sure if it is even possible to tweak it.

Oh one more idea, a 24h clock option would be a nice feature for those that aren't used to am/pm times.

Last edited by ewphoenix123; 11-07-2012 at 05:38 AM.
ewphoenix123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:05 AM   #83
Rainer Zenz
Groupie
Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rainer Zenz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch/Glo
Thanks a lot, it's getting better an better.

Somme suggestions:
  • Change of order of the menues: Bibliothek | Regale | Sonstiges (more logical; "Regale" is shorter than "Bücherregale")
  • "Sonstiges"-menue: "Library" is redundant, remove it. Translation for German: Browser = Internet; Reboot = Neustart; Reserved = Frei; WiFi = WLAN
  • Toggling WiFi function: On/Off
  • 24-hour-clock
  • 1.9.17 style favorite books at the bottom of the start page
  • A Tweaks Plugin style Window to choose options including those for "Sonstiges"
Rainer Zenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:52 AM   #84
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewphoenix123 View Post
Oh one more idea, a 24h clock option would be a nice feature for those that aren't used to am/pm times.
Yes please!! I think the non-English systems already have 24 clock options so it shouldn't be too difficult to get it into the English system as well. At least, before firmware 2.x.x there were 24h clock options for foreign languaged systems... the post quoted below has got me thinking maybe the 2.x.x firmware stopped supporting this? That would be sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainer Zenz View Post
Thanks a lot, it's getting better an better.

Somme suggestions:
  • Change of order of the menues: Bibliothek | Regale | Sonstiges (more logical; "Regale" is shorter than "Bücherregale")
  • "Sonstiges"-menue: "Library" is redundant, remove it. Translation for German: Browser = Internet; Reboot = Neustart; Reserved = Frei; WiFi = WLAN
  • Toggling WiFi function: On/Off
  • 24-hour-clock
  • 1.9.17 style favorite books at the bottom of the start page
  • A Tweaks Plugin style Window to choose options including those for "Sonstiges"
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:57 PM   #85
tartanpion
Enthusiast
tartanpion began at the beginning.

Device: kobo libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewphoenix123 View Post

You gonna tackle the reader app aswell? removing the pagenumbers etc.? Not sure if it is even possible to tweak it.
I vote for that too. I think there should be an option to have or not the number of pages during reading. To earn additional space of at least 15%. A true full screen mode ... The pages number should in this case, appears when going through menu, at the top, next to the percentage of the book.
tartanpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:18 PM   #86
ikarus9999
Connoisseur

New version uploaded --> see first post
Old 11-07-2012, 03:20 PM   #87
ikarus9999
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by tartanpion View Post
I vote for that too. I think there should be an option to have or not the number of pages during reading. To earn additional space of at least 15%. A true full screen mode ... The pages number should in this case, appears when going through menu, at the top, next to the percentage of the book.

The numbers can be removed quite easily but the reading screen is not resized. I guess it is because the lower center area is needed to show the reading footer (font settings ....).
Maybe I can find a way later.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:03 PM   #88
ewphoenix123
Addict
ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Everything new looks good, thx again.

I found something weird, now that I put more custom commands into the list, I notice that they don't order as expected.

Thats the order in the ini.

Quote:
Browser=Plugin:penBrowser()
Notepad=Plugin::scribble()
Sudoku=Plugin::sudoku()
WiFi=Plugin::connectWifi()
Sleep=Plugin::sleep()
And this is how the Menu looks:

Quote:
Browser
Notepad
Sleep
Sudoku
WiFi
Old 11-07-2012, 05:33 PM   #89
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Looks to be alphabetical
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:52 PM   #90
ewphoenix123
Addict

Now when I look at it in english it's obvious. ^^

The translations were of course not alphabetical. *g*

Tags
kobo, plugin