Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 09-21-2012, 12:56 AM   #1
pruss
Evangelist
pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

ScreenDim on HD

Could anyone who could help test my ScreenDim dimmer on the Fire HD contact me by email? Arpruss@gmail.com
I understand it doesn't show up in the app store.
pruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:58 AM   #2
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
For a grin I used my laptop and bought it. But you are right it does not show when you use the kfhd to shop and download. Had to have it emailed to me so I can side load it.

Edit: Thought I had the app emailed to me. Just talked to amazon and because they say the program is incompatible with the fire hd, you can not see it if using the kindle fire hd.
So got credit for the app.

Email sent to test for you.

Last edited by DustyDisks; 09-21-2012 at 08:50 AM.
DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:30 AM   #3
pruss
Evangelist
pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Charles tested it and it seems to work.

If anybody else wants to try ScreenDim on their new Fire, you can download a 10-day trial from here. Bug reports are very welcome.

I have a query out to Amazon as to why it isn't available on the HD.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:54 AM   #4
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Pruss,

It works fine, this version does have the easy mode choice. Sure gives more control with contrast and brightness.

Thanks

Charles

Last edited by DustyDisks; 09-22-2012 at 12:26 PM.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:13 PM   #5
pruss
Evangelist

Anybody wants to try it on a different Fire model? It should work on them all now.
Old 09-24-2012, 02:40 PM   #6
pruss
Evangelist

Amazon says it's now available for all Fire models.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:12 PM   #7
jsh1120
Connoisseur
jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Fire
Works great! Happy to see it. I was disappointed to find it not available when I first registered my new KFHD. On a whim I checked again this morning and was delighted to find it there. Thanks, pruss.
jsh1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:16 AM   #8
MikeGolf
Connoisseur
MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

How can we reset the default selections on easy mode back to the default? Does anyone know
MikeGolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:04 AM   #9
pruss
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGolf View Post
How can we reset the default selections on easy mode back to the default? Does anyone know
I am not sure what you're asking. Are you asking how to switch from easy mode to full control mode? (Menu, Advanced Mode or something like that should work.)
Old 09-30-2012, 01:43 PM   #10
MikeGolf
Connoisseur
MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

I like just hitting the default buttons in easy mode so when I set some new defaults under the night keys, I feel like I've messed something up. I'm a simple person and I prefer the ease of just hitting a button to change the selection. So I'm curios what the quick buttons are defaulted to so I can reset them.

I love your app. I gave it five stars on amazon.
MikeGolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:00 PM   #11
pruss
Evangelist

[QUOTE=MikeGolf;2242440]I like just hitting the default buttons in easy mode so when I set some new defaults under the night keys, I feel like I've messed something up. I'm a simple person and I prefer the ease of just hitting a button to change the selection. So I'm curios what the quick buttons are defaulted to so I can reset them.[QUOTE]

They all default to 50% on the first slider and 100% on the second in advanced mode. I think that's equivalent to 85% on the easy mode slider.

But you can just uninstall and re-install from the cloud to reset everything to defaults.

Quote:
I love your app. I gave it five stars on amazon.
Thanks!

By the way, a user review says "The notification bar has white and gray text on a gray background which makes it difficult to read". Can anybody send me a screenshot or a photo?
Old 10-03-2012, 01:17 PM   #12
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training

[QUOTE=pruss;2245705][QUOTE=MikeGolf;2242440]I like just hitting the default buttons in easy mode so when I set some new defaults under the night keys, I feel like I've messed something up. I'm a simple person and I prefer the ease of just hitting a button to change the selection. So I'm curios what the quick buttons are defaulted to so I can reset them.
Quote:

They all default to 50% on the first slider and 100% on the second in advanced mode. I think that's equivalent to 85% on the easy mode slider.

But you can just uninstall and re-install from the cloud to reset everything to defaults.

Thanks!

By the way, a user review says "The notification bar has white and gray text on a gray background which makes it difficult to read". Can anybody send me a screenshot or a photo?
Done!
Old 10-05-2012, 08:56 PM   #13
crazydave
crazydave began at the beginning.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook Lite, Kindle Fire HD
On a related issue, has anyone noticed that their Kindle Fire HD seems to have uneven screen brightness when reading books or documents with a white background? I ordered the Fire HD and loved it except that the right edge of the screen seemed just a tiny bit dimmer than the rest of the screen. I exchanged it for another one, and while it seemed fine initially, I am seeing a similar phenomenon in that one side of the screen is just a little bit dimmer than the other. I only notice this when reading documents, books, or web pages with a white background. It seems to disappear at maximum brightness. I am wondering if this is really a defect or just a common phenomenon with the Fire and similar tablets.
crazydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:36 PM   #14
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydave View Post
On a related issue, has anyone noticed that their Kindle Fire HD seems to have uneven screen brightness when reading books or documents with a white background? I ordered the Fire HD and loved it except that the right edge of the screen seemed just a tiny bit dimmer than the rest of the screen. I exchanged it for another one, and while it seemed fine initially, I am seeing a similar phenomenon in that one side of the screen is just a little bit dimmer than the other. I only notice this when reading documents, books, or web pages with a white background. It seems to disappear at maximum brightness. I am wondering if this is really a defect or just a common phenomenon with the Fire and similar tablets.
Not here!

Even lighting across the screen.

Loving it!
Old 10-07-2012, 09:21 AM   #15
crazydave
crazydave began at the beginning.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook Lite, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyDisks View Post
Not here!

Even lighting across the screen.

Loving it!
Do you find that it's the same at all brightness levels?
crazydave is offline   Reply With Quote