Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-13-2011, 04:46 PM   #1
DouglasK
DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Onyx Note Air3, Kobo Aura HD, Nexus 7 (2013)
Lightbulb Kobo Touch Booklight?

I'm looking for a Kobo Touch book light that does not rely on button cells for it's power.

The Belkin Book light worked great on the Kobo WiFi and original Kobo models, but with the narrower bezel and thinner size, that one doesn't fit well anymore.

The ideal would be an LED booklight that takes a single AAA battery, but even one that takes 2 or 3 would be usable.

Any ideas?

~~DouglasK
DouglasK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:00 PM   #2
coinín
dust bunny
coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Sony PRS-650, BlackBerry PlayBook
The Verso rechargeable clip light for ereaders is available at most Chapters/Indigo stores, fits both the new & old, and works great. Also, it's rechargeable via USB (takes a micro, just like the Touch) and that means never ever having to buy batteries again.
coinín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:25 AM   #3
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Except it costs a bunch more.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:56 AM   #4
coinín
dust bunny
coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Sony PRS-650, BlackBerry PlayBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Terminator View Post
Except it costs a bunch more.

Only once... where with the other Verso clip light you have to buy batteries for every time they die.

If you get a fairly slim booklight for an ereader, it'll use button cells- button cells which are fairly pricey and all look the same, so not as easy to obtain as good 'ol triple-As.
Get a booklight which takes the AAA batteries, and you're adding a fair bit of weight.

There's advantages and disadvantages to everything, but I like thinking of the long-term use and how much hassle I won't have to deal with later. The amount of time I've not spent looking for replacement button cells, the amount of money I haven't spent on replacement batteries of any kind, and the slim and fairly light form are all well worth it to me... but it might not be worth it to everyone.
coinín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 11:08 AM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Button cells have their advantages in weight and size but generally they are very expensive. But I have found a source on Amazon that sells 5 or 10 (depending on the size) for about $3 shipped free. It has changed my whole attitude on button cells.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 11:15 AM   #6
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by coinín View Post
The Verso rechargeable clip light for ereaders is available at most Chapters/Indigo stores, fits both the new & old, and works great. Also, it's rechargeable via USB (takes a micro, just like the Touch) and that means never ever having to buy batteries again.
available at futureshop here in canada for 39.99

heres the link

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/produ...3e62e9e0e3en02

cheers

jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote