Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 05-13-2010, 08:35 PM   #1
sketch885
sketch885 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Silver PRS 505

Hi there-

This is my first post, but I've lurked here awhile, especially back when I was purchasing my 505.

Anyway, so I'm looking to sell my PRS-505 for $250. I realize I could go on eBay, but eBay is a hassle and I figured that with all the people who really appreciate how awesome this reader is, someone here would snatch it up, instead. I'd be looking to do a PayPal transaction, unless you could meet up and do cash (Boston area).

I'm getting rid of it...basically because I was in love when I bought it (devoured probably 15 books in two months), but I'm realizing now that with the amount I commute and the type of work I do, I'm better off with a more fully-featured device (tablet, netbook, etc). The reader is itself is completely new. I've literally read maybe 10-15 books on it, and I have all the original packaging (most of the original paperwork too, I believe). I'm pretty meticulous, and the device works great, especially since it has barely been used in the last few months (hence, why I'm getting rid of it). Again, awesome, brand new reader that is not being utilized to its fullest.

Anyway, PM me if you're interested or let me know here

Last edited by sketch885; 05-13-2010 at 09:18 PM.
sketch885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 12:22 AM   #2
sketch885

also, I really want to give this a good home ASAP so if you need some kind of verification that I'm not a scammer/etc (also, realize that these are my only posts...), I'm not sure what is needed but I can probably provide the information. my personal email is also my real name, so I can't exactly disappear. pics upon request, but I went through all the effort when I listed this on Craigslist a few months ago and it was a waste...all scammer requests
Advert
Old 05-14-2010, 05:02 AM   #3
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Hi sketch885, I'm sure your 505 will sell on here, but as you say, people might be a bit wary because of your posting history. A good way of reassuring people is to post a picture of the reader and in the picture include a piece of paper with some writing on it - say, "Mobileread is brilliant on the 14th May" for example.

You don't mention shipping charges - which I guess will make a difference to whether people send you an offer.

Good luck
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 08:44 AM   #4
BeTePoK
Guru
BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGS View Post
Hi sketch885, I'm sure your 505 will sell on here, but as you say, people might be a bit wary because of your posting history. A good way of reassuring people is to post a picture of the reader and in the picture include a piece of paper with some writing on it - say, "Mobileread is brilliant on the 14th May" for example.
Good luck
I see that my idea of checking got implanted
BeTePoK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 08:50 AM   #5
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeTePoK View Post
I see that my idea of checking got implanted
Think of it as your idea being liberated
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2010, 02:30 PM   #6
sketch885

awesome, thanks for all the feedback! here are the pics i came up with...i even included the post in the background for verification\

like i said previously, it's flawless. i don't have any pics of the box up, only because i have to find it. however, the box is perfect too (if that matters ) and i'm pretty sure i have most of the paperwork (meaning, i think i have the actual piece of paper that says the warranty on it, but i'm not sure if that even matters either).

Last edited by sketch885; 05-14-2010 at 02:43 PM.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:47 PM   #7
sketch885

oh and yes, TGS, i was going to worry about shipping later
Old 05-16-2010, 02:54 PM   #8
BeTePoK
Guru
BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I do not see any photos. One of my friends is interested in the reader.
Old 05-16-2010, 03:17 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The photos are posted to a site that MR doesn't have permission to access. That's why the photos are not showing up.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 03:31 PM   #10
BeTePoK
Guru

I'd like to buy the reader, but I need a confirmation that the OP is the real owner...
Old 05-16-2010, 08:24 PM   #11
sketch885

hey- sorry about the picture issues, they should be showing up again. i accidentally made them private on picasa

BeTePoK, if you have a serious interest, DEFINITELY pm me ASAP and we can work out details.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:03 AM   #12
sketch885

still available, probably could go 230 if the shipping isn't atrocious
Old 05-28-2010, 03:10 PM   #13
sketch885

hey all-

this is still available, all packed up in the original box and ready to go. ill ship anywhere