Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-01-2015, 04:12 PM   #1
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
I will be so fecking glad

When the damn super bowl is over. If anyone were to check in with our on line news services, they would see that apparently no deaths occurred, nothing happened in politics, our weather seems to have gone into a null stage. Businesses, actually mostly restaurants that decided to be open on thanksgiving are closed.

I loathe the sea chickens. I really really do.

I think I've started puking blue and green skittles which is amazing as I've never consumed them.
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 05:39 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Down with nationalized sports!

I have said this elsewhere: I really don't understand why people care so much about how well other people can play a game! Play it yourself if you care that much about it!
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2015, 06:28 PM   #3
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
I play a lot of games. I don't expect the world to stop functioning and watch me
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 06:33 PM   #4
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
I'm not a sports fan. Superbowl Sunday has always been a good day to stay in and read -- for me, at least.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 06:36 PM   #5
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I got a strong urge to point out the typo in the title of this thread and correcting it but doing so would probably get me censored... for a change

EDIT: It would certainly get me censored!
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2015, 06:42 PM   #6
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
My pastor was going to have a party this evening (after evening services) but the weather had other ideas so he cancelled it. I don't understand the appeal of football myself. I'll probably do what cromag is doing, stay in (where it's warm) and either read or nap. I'm also enjoying the calm before another storm. My mom is using up what she has of cigarettes and is going to quit after that so starting the 9th life is going to get interesting as she has smoked for 55 yrs (since she was 16).
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 01:41 PM   #7
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
I LOVE Super bowl Sunday, no traffic, stores are mostly deserted, que lines are short. Why it's almost like living in the country!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 02:53 PM   #8
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
I LOVE Super bowl Sunday, no traffic, stores are mostly deserted, que lines are short. Why it's almost like living in the country!
That is one way of looking at it.

I have to live with obsessed nutjobs who won't shut up though.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 03:07 PM   #9
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
I got a strong urge to point out the typo in the title of this thread and correcting it but doing so would probably get me censored... for a change

EDIT: It would certainly get me censored!
And for that very reason, the word that was actually USED in the title of the thread has become a word in its own right. Therefore, the title of the thread was NOT mis-spelled, and has no right to be corrected! Google for the video titled "Cheap Flights" for an example. Ah yes, the group's name is Fascinating Aida, but the title alone is enough to find it.

Signed, a very proper non-swearing gal who nonetheless likes that video
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 05:12 PM   #10
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Wasn't it also used (or something similar) in the old Battlestar Galactica series back in the late 70's or early 80's?

Last edited by crich70; 02-03-2015 at 09:47 AM.
Old 02-03-2015, 07:03 AM   #11
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Crich70, it was frack
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 09:49 AM   #12
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
Crich70, it was frack
Ah ok. Well I did say 'this or something similar.' It was more than 30 + yrs ago.
Old 02-03-2015, 11:00 AM   #13
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Really getting off topic I guess, but I always thought that the folk band The Mother Folkers were very clever in the choice of their name. As their web site says a name that music radio announcers must pronounce with great care.

That reminds me of something from a few years back. I had put in a request to the person who at the time ran the Sunday night radio program Simply Folk broadcast throughout the Wisconsin on public radio that the song Working Class Hero (by John Lennon, warning the F word used) be played on their next all request show. I received the reply that to do so would cost WPR a fine of $1,000. Not in total, but for each of their numerous affiliates in Wisconsin. On the other hand last night I was watching an television show (not cable, but ordinary broadcast network) in which all sorts of gruesome violence was portrayed, including numerous corpses with feet severed. Americans are mother folking strange in what they feel must be censored.