Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-17-2008, 12:15 PM   #1
M-edge
M-edge doesn't litterM-edge doesn't litter

Device: samsung
New Covers from M-Edge

M-Edge is proud to announce that we will have a Leisure Jacket and Executive Jackets available for the Sony PRS-505 eReader for shipment on January 28, 2008!

Leisure Jacket Info:
Available Colors: Black

Features: Easy access zipper. High density foam frame provides outstanding reader protection. Easily flip your reader over for secure screen protection when traveling.

Material: Suede finished case with clear vinyl screen protection

Executive Jacket Info:
Available Colors: Black, Brown and Red

Features: Case allows full access to all ports and buttons; interior pockets for storing SD cards, organizing business cards, notes, and papers; and a loop for pen/pencil storage.

Material: Padded exterior with suede interior.

Come visit us at www.buymedge.com
M-edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 12:17 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
How do your Executive covers for the 505 differ from the covers sold by Sony?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2008, 12:40 PM   #3
M-edge

JSWolf,

Yes, our covers are of higher quality and functionality. We sold covers for the 500 series last year, which were well received by customers. We have listened to customer comments regarding the 500 series covers and made a few enhancements to the 505 series covers.

Thanks, M-Edge
Old 01-17-2008, 01:00 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What enhancements did you make to the 505 covers? I never bought an extra cover when I had a 500.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 02:48 PM   #5
tidixon
Enthusiast
tidixon began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
I just bought the sony leather cover at borders 20 minutes ago with a 20% off coupon... which is a pity because I like the design of that sleeve jacket model from the link you posted.
tidixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2008, 03:51 PM   #6
jamesdmanley
Groupie
jamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-books

Device: prs-500
very nice stuff
jamesdmanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 04:19 PM   #7
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
I usually fold the standard cover 180-degrees (and mostly grip the cover) to read mine. Will this Executive jacket also fold completely?
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 08:31 PM   #8
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
I have the dark blue reader and love the dark blue cover; will you be adding a dark blue cover?
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 11:53 PM   #9
M-edge

The Executive Jacket is designed to hold the Sony Reader very securely while offering improved access to all buttons and ports. Additionally, two extra "SD card" sized pockets are included to provide convenient memory card storage.

The Executive Jacket easily folds back on itself for comfortable reading.

We don't initially plan to release a dark blue Executive Jacket; however, we may consider this in the future.

As always, we welcome your comments and suggestions!

Thanks,
M-edge
www.buymedge.com
Old 01-18-2008, 08:01 AM   #10
rtmichael
rtmichael began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505/7100i
It appears from the pictures that the front cover holds the memory cards and folds over the screen. May I presume you have tested this and there is no chance of damage to the screen? The case looks great but I am concerned about any pressure on the screen caused by items in those pockets.
rtmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 08:37 AM   #11
andyafro
Connoisseur
andyafro doesn't litterandyafro doesn't litter

Device: sony reader prs-500
I Would like to recommend M-edge, when i bought my sony reader last year i wanted to find a cover for it that would keep it safe since the one i got with it is rubbish.

I bought The Executive Jacket and haven't had one problem with it or my sony reader while its been in it, it actually feels really safe in the jacket since you have thick leather covering most of it. i have dropped it once or twice as well and it does Seem to take the shock out off a drop just enough as to not kill or damaged your reader.

Anyway i have had one since june 07 and it still looks good and still protects my reader better then the dumb ass case it came with.

I have a back-up memory card in front and no it does not damaged reader face (there is a space between the screen and the pocket)

Last edited by andyafro; 01-18-2008 at 08:41 AM.
andyafro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 03:44 PM   #12
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
I just ordered them both. One for travel and the gym and the Executive one for other times.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 09:28 AM   #13
Skittels
Skittels began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505/lc
ordered the Leisure type some time ago

but i am in europe so i hope to see it just before going on holiday on the ninth. Original they were shipping on the 28th of jan, so who knows....

just for an emergency i have got a crystal clear waterproof document bag from Ortlieb, which is not fancy but should do the work.
Skittels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:22 AM   #14
rtmichael
rtmichael began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505/7100i
I was advised by M-edge that the ship date on the Executive Cover that I ordered had been pushed back to February 28th.
rtmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 03:32 PM   #15
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtmichael View Post
I was advised by M-edge that the ship date on the Executive Cover that I ordered had been pushed back to February 28th.
That's interesting. I ordered both and haven't heard a word.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote