Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-13-2013, 05:31 PM   #61
nick-tech
Enthusiast
nick-tech can read ebooks with the screen turned offnick-tech can read ebooks with the screen turned offnick-tech can read ebooks with the screen turned offnick-tech can read ebooks with the screen turned offnick-tech can read ebooks with the screen turned offnick-tech can read ebooks with the screen turned offnick-tech can read ebooks with the screen turned offnick-tech can read ebooks with the screen turned offnick-tech can read ebooks with the screen turned offnick-tech can read ebooks with the screen turned offnick-tech can read ebooks with the screen turned off

Device: kindle touch
I am using 5.1.2 now with jbpach 2.4.1 for quite a while now. Everything was fine so I didn't spend to much time in this forum lastly.

Now my kindle showed a message that basically said that it will install an update soon...

Now my question is: Is it safe to update to 5.3.2.1? Will the jailbreak still be working? Can I use jbpatch again? (I assume I would have to uninstall it before the update, right?)

Thanks for your help!
nick-tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:15 PM   #62
stepk
Groupie
stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5 B011 5.3.2.1
@nick-tech
> Is it safe to update to 5.3.2.1?
Safe as in not loosing your books? I didn't loose mine when I upgraded.
Safe as in not bricking your KT? Read the pinned post about Kubrick. It's a live disk that can unbrick your kindle - or even take it back to 5.1.2 after the upgrade.

> Will the jailbreak still be working?
You'll need to reapply jailbreak, dev-certs, jbpatch as a minimum. Read the first post in the pinned KUAL Unified Application Launcher thread. There you can find an archive of pre-requisites. The pre-requisites for KUAL are the same for jbpatch, I believe.

> Can I use jbpatch again?
see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...postcount=1364
Be aware that jbpatch for 5.3.2.1 has fewer features than 5.1.2 -
stepk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2013, 07:44 PM   #63
nick-tech
Enthusiast
nick-tech can read ebooks with the screen turned offnick-tech can read ebooks with the screen turned offnick-tech can read ebooks with the screen turned offnick-tech can read ebooks with the screen turned offnick-tech can read ebooks with the screen turned offnick-tech can read ebooks with the screen turned offnick-tech can read ebooks with the screen turned offnick-tech can read ebooks with the screen turned offnick-tech can read ebooks with the screen turned offnick-tech can read ebooks with the screen turned offnick-tech can read ebooks with the screen turned off

Device: kindle touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepk View Post
@nick-tech
> Will the jailbreak still be working?
You'll need to reapply jailbreak, dev-certs, jbpatch as a minimum. Read the first post in the pinned KUAL Unified Application Launcher thread. There you can find an archive of pre-requisites. The pre-requisites for KUAL are the same for jbpatch.

Be aware that jbpatch for 5.3.2.1 has fewer features than 5.1.2 -

So the jailbreak linked in the KUAL-Thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=198446 also works for my kindle touch? And I have to apply the jailbreak even if my device is jailbroken now?
nick-tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:38 PM   #64
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I don't believe you have to re-apply the jailbreak. You will have to reapply the prerequisites and the updated patch.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 06:14 AM   #65
jaguar556
jaguar556 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4 touch
Hello everyone.
Please tell me what I should do in steps 3,4,5. I do not understand this steps.
I have windows 7
jaguar556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2013, 06:40 AM   #66
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguar556 View Post
Hello everyone.
Please tell me what I should do in steps 3,4,5. I do not understand this steps.
I have windows 7
this way is simpler:
Quote:
EDIT, 2013-02-18: A much simpler alternative is to use Kubrick to downgrade to a jailbroken 5.1.2, then re-upgrade to 5.3.2.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:47 AM   #67
jaguar556

I tried to make a bootable USB flash drive several times with each version of the image. After booting from the USB drive writes error loading file
send a link to a working image for torent please

Last edited by jaguar556; 06-23-2013 at 08:59 AM.
Old 06-23-2013, 08:56 AM   #68
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
I tried to make a bootable USB flash drive several times with each version of the image. After booting from the USB drive writes error loading file
What image(s)?

What machine are you using?

Details, details, details - Please.

From the context above, it seems that you are writing about trying to use Kubrick in a thread about a much older method.
If using Kubrick, please use the Kubrick thread.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:07 PM   #69
jaguar556

Hi everyone!
Explain to me what I'm doing wrong.
I downgrade to 5.1.2 with "Kubrick" then install JailBreak (kindle-jailbreak-1.7.N) for 5.1.2 (they сreate book "Now you jailbreak").
Then I install update 5.3.2.1 without any action with KT. Successfully upgrade. Install JBPatch (Kindle Touch, Firmware 5.3.2 or 5.3.2.1: download *_fw532.zip) and they write "Jail Break is required".

What is wrong?
Help please!
Old 06-25-2013, 01:02 PM   #70
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Hi everyone!
Explain to me what I'm doing wrong.
I downgrade to 5.1.2 with "Kubrick" then install JailBreak (kindle-jailbreak-1.7.N) for 5.1.2 (they сreate book "Now you jailbreak").
Then I install update 5.3.2.1 without any action with KT. Successfully upgrade. Install JBPatch (Kindle Touch, Firmware 5.3.2 or 5.3.2.1: download *_fw532.zip) and they write "Jail Break is required".

What is wrong?
Help please!
The **Kindlet** jailbreak is required (there is more than one thing called: "Jailbreak" here).

Go to the KUAL thread, grab the "prerequisites" archive.

It has a complete set of everything that might need to be replaced after an upgrade to the firmware.
(I.E: It is not KUAL specific, it is general purpose.)
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:14 PM   #71
jaguar556

Sorry but I did not understand...
I`m know english not good. Can you explain easier that to me.
What should I do? If not difficult for you
Old 06-25-2013, 01:28 PM   #72
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
@jaguar556: Read instructions in this thread, then download prerequisites-all-supported-devices.zip.
You need to install update_kindlet_jailbreak_install.bin.

Both JBPatch and KUAL are kindlets so you need to have kindlet jailbreak installed for them to run correctly.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:17 PM   #73
kissofdeath282
kissofdeath282 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon kindle
@ixtab: I accidentaly deleted the 'tts' folder on my new Kindle Touch and now Text-to-Speech just gives and error when I try to use it
Can you send the tts folder for me, please!
Thank you so much!
kissofdeath282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:31 PM   #74
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@kissofdeath282: Kubrick is your friend .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:55 AM   #75
johnleo
Enthusiast
johnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it is

Device: Kindle Touch
Will this method be working with the latest firmware 5.3.7 for KT?
johnleo is offline   Reply With Quote