Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-21-2011, 02:14 AM   #1
iridius
Connoisseur
iridius began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, iPhone (to get Dell Streak & iPad)
Tagging Problems (All books get same tags!)

A few questions about tags:

1. I am having a problem when I chose multiple books (all different ones) and right click and choose download social metadata only, it adds the tags, but it adds all the same tags to all the files. I had a book about Pablo Escobar, Sherlock Holmes and one from the Twilight series and the tags ended up being the same on all three a combination of the tags that each should get individually. For example, the Sherlock Holmes had Mystery, Detective, Columbia, Pablo Escobar, Vampires, London, Private Investigator, Sherlock Holmes.

If I restart Calibre the tags are still there, I have to go bulk edit and delete all tags.

I tried de-selecting various Metadata Download Plugins, get social Data option, but it doesn't help.

I did a check of the library with no problems.

Any advice?

2. What happens if you choose to download Social Metadata via more than one of the plugins, say Amazon, Google Books and Good reads. Is there a priority or does it just combine all the ones it finds?

3. Is there a way to limit the number of tags. I only really want like 5 for each book?

p.s. If I try and do one book at a time after removing all tags after the failed attempt. It does the same thing, unless I restart first (in which case the one-book-at a time method works) so it seems some sort of cache, file or memory of the other books' metadata but I don't know where that would be.... I'm new to Calibre.

Thanks

Last edited by iridius; 02-21-2011 at 02:16 AM.
iridius is offline   Reply With Quote