Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-29-2013, 08:57 PM   #1
imsoawesome
Enthusiast
imsoawesome is no ebook tyro.imsoawesome is no ebook tyro.imsoawesome is no ebook tyro.imsoawesome is no ebook tyro.imsoawesome is no ebook tyro.imsoawesome is no ebook tyro.imsoawesome is no ebook tyro.imsoawesome is no ebook tyro.imsoawesome is no ebook tyro.imsoawesome is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Touch
Trials with Returning my Glo

I posted earlier this month about a screen issue with my Glo. Kobo was rather prompt with replying and sending me out a replacement unit. Unfortunately the replacement had a "bright spot" so it too had to be exchanged. I just received my new replacement and the screen is fine but the internal stuff seems loose and it rattles inside when you move it. Does anyone else have this with their Glo? My other two were solid, nothing moved at all. This, without much force, audible and physically rattles around when I move it. It is a mild rattle but it is noticeable.

I really REALLY don't want to exchange another unit because it has been 30 days now without being able to read. However, if this isn't common, maybe I should consider it but it would be pretty depressing for me to wait another 2 weeks. It seems to work ok as far as I can tell during initial setup procedure.

Any advice? You guys have always been a great help! So big thanks in advance!
imsoawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:36 PM   #2
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
A couple of people have reported that here, and had no trouble with an exchange. I'm guessing you didn't buy from a nearby store? It's such a pain to wait for things in the post. Fingers crossed your next unit will be just fine.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:56 PM   #3
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
This would doubtless void your warranty, so proceed at your own risk... <Madly rolls eyes like a slot machine for several minutes>

I'd shut it off. Run your thumbnail or a blunted plastic tool intended for separating cell phone cases around the edge between the back cover and body to separate the case. Remove the back cover. If the battery is not stuck fast, stick it fast if the adhesive is sticky or use a piece of 3M double sided adhesive tape to reattach it and close the case.

You might be able to soften whatever adhesive they used with a tiny bit of lacquer thinner or acetone... but, the 3M double sided adhesive tape is simpler, and probably reversible and you might well cause other problems unless you know exactly what you're doing spraying chemicals around.

There have been a number of posts regarding this issue, so you're not alone. That said, my Glo's battery seems to be stuck down quite well.

Good luck.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:53 AM   #4
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Your battery is loose. My Glo had the same problem. Follow the instructions in the post above this.

I find that guitar picks work well for opening the case. I usually start newar the SD card slot. The slot is straight down from where the back cover snaps into the bezel (the back cover does not overhang the bezel).
murg is offline   Reply With Quote