Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: November 2010 Mobile Read Book Club Vote
Old Man's War by John Scalzi 26 29.21%
The Windup Girl by Paolo Bacigalupi 10 11.24%
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy By Douglas Adams 25 28.09%
City At World's End by Edmond Hamilton 2 2.25%
Childhood's End by Arthur C. Clarke 2 2.25%
A Fire Upon The Deep by Vernor Vinge 5 5.62%
The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell 3 3.37%
The Man in the High Castle by Philp K. Dick 7 7.87%
A Canticle for Leibowitz by Walter M. Miller, Jr. 6 6.74%
Time's Eye by Arthur C. Clarke and Stephen Baxter 3 3.37%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-30-2010, 01:29 PM   #76
jabberwock_11
Addict
jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Aluratek Libre Pro
Well, color me surprised. I was away for a while and unable to vote, but my nomination won anyway. I'm pretty spiffed about that.

I decided to read it right after nominating it and have to say that it was an excellent choice, I really enjoyed it and hope that everyone else here will like it too.
jabberwock_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 04:38 PM   #77
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabberwock_11 View Post
Well, color me surprised. I was away for a while and unable to vote, but my nomination won anyway. I'm pretty spiffed about that.

I decided to read it right after nominating it and have to say that it was an excellent choice, I really enjoyed it and hope that everyone else here will like it too.
DUDE!!!

I was yelling and yelling for you!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2010, 06:41 PM   #78
jabberwock_11
Addict
jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Aluratek Libre Pro
Sigh, sadly the real world took over my life for a while...I should have prioritized a bit better
jabberwock_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 08:08 PM   #79
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
No real comments yet, but ... Oh my ...

This is just a great little read. Started this morning and already about 1/4 way through it.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 09:39 PM   #80
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Please hold the discussion for the discussion thread. No spoilers please....
Advert
Old 11-01-2010, 08:41 AM   #81
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
Two chapters left. Love the book, ordering the second in the series today.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 01:24 PM   #82
twobits
Addict
twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
So no discussion take place until the 20th then? I still need to figure out the best place to buy it, lol... should give me some time yet.
twobits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 02:31 PM   #83
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobits View Post
So no discussion take place until the 20th then? I still need to figure out the best place to buy it, lol... should give me some time yet.
That's when the "official" thread starts. But, you might see some... "love it", "hate it", "reading it", "can't get into it" type comments in this thread through out the month before the 20th hits.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:03 AM   #84
ziegl027
Addict
ziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony Touch, Kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
That's when the "official" thread starts. BOb
Yay! It can be inaugural book on the DXG I just ordered .
ziegl027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 02:03 PM   #85
Cardos
Cardos began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Typical that I voted for the winning book but it's not available on Amazon's UK kindle store Oh well, I'm sure I'll find it somewhere.
Cardos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:12 PM   #86
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardos View Post
Typical that I voted for the winning book but it's not available on Amazon's UK kindle store Oh well, I'm sure I'll find it somewhere.
http://inkmesh.com/search/?qs=Old+Ma...nE=Find+Ebooks
Old 11-05-2010, 02:19 AM   #87
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Does anyone envision the old man pretty close to Leonard Nemoy? Everytime I read this, his voice/look comes to mind LOL.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 05:33 AM   #88
kennyc

Oh man! Now you ruined it for me!

Old 11-05-2010, 07:43 AM   #89
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I haven't started reading it yet, so please no more discussion in this thread. Thanks. Now I'll have Nimoy stuck in my head when I might have otherwise.

Maybe this thread should be locked now.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:06 PM   #90
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I haven't started reading it yet, so please no more discussion in this thread. Thanks. Now I'll have Nimoy stuck in my head when I might have otherwise.

Maybe this thread should be locked now.
Or maybe you shouldn't read the thread until you've at least read some of it. I'm only 35 pages in, so I haven't really started it either, that was just an up-front observation.

I'm sure you'll have another voice for the character other than Nimoy, so I wouldn't even worry about it.

This thread was going to have NON-SPOILER comments.....that wasn't a spoiler so I don't see why that comment should lock the thread.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote