Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 07-18-2010, 09:25 AM   #16
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbell View Post
DA Direct (an Australian owned company, based in Melbourne) is selling 6" ECO Readers with TTS (text to speech) capability, updated processors and (adjustable) 16 greyscale for A$299.00, including GST. Postage is approx A$15. Accessories included in price: cover, ANZ USB wall charger, earphones. Firmware updates are available via our server in Melb.

I believe this is cheaper than importing and you get local helpdesk and warranty support.

https://www.dadirect.com/books/ebookreader.asp

ECO Readers support Adobe DE ePub and PDF and you're not locked to a particular ebook store. www.readwithoutpaper.com is our companion store for ECO Readers.

I'm affiliated with DA Direct.
WOW, that is a damn good price for that reader. Question with the firmware that comes with it, does it run the latest CoolReader3 or currently running CoolReader2 like the older 6" model?
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:33 AM   #17
Laine
Addict
Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, Voyage
It all depends on your priorities. I love my neo and have given my ecoreader to my husband.
Laine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2010, 09:43 AM   #18
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laine View Post
It all depends on your priorities. I love my neo and have given my ecoreader to my husband.
I see you have both the 5" and 6". Out of the two which do you prefer to use (ignoring the Neo)?? Secondly the 5" has a 200ppi screen whereas the 6" has a 167ppi. Do you notice any difference in the clarity of the text on the screen?
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:32 AM   #19
Blizz
Blizz began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Thanks all for your replies

I bit the bullet and ordered a Sony PRS600 from the US. It arrived an hour ago (just over 72 hours after ordering, how quick is that?) so I haven't used it yet - it's charging at the moment. I have downloaded calibre and am hoping to have a play with it tonight.

I hadn't fully realised how much cheaper it would be to purchase overseas, it was only AUD260 incl. shipping

I am very excited to make my first steps into the hopefully wonderful world of e-reading!

thanks again for your help
Blizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:34 AM   #20
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Good stuff!

Who did you order your PRS-600 through?
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2010, 04:42 AM   #21
Blizz
Blizz began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Through the site you linked Sabredog... you should ask commission
Blizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:59 AM   #22
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2

Great stuff. I am only passing on the good advice I have been offered.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:28 PM   #23
Metal Mick
Addict
Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Book, PB 302, IQ
Hi Blizz,

glad to hear you've made a choice, and saved yourself over 50% on the local price (online retailer) for the Sony.

Sadly, I'm still chewing over my decision. Currently vacillating between a Pocketbook and the Astak. PB has great features, Astak great price and as an Eco, local support.

I've bought from the shop you used and been very happy with my purchase and the service.

Cheers,

Michael P
Metal Mick is offline   Reply With Quote