Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-07-2012, 08:30 AM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top100EbooksRank View Post
The Kindle Fire is the #2 best selling tablet.

Fact or Fiction?

Ipad is #1 obviously. What's #2?
Given that the Fire is only sold in the US, I doubt that it's true. What the #2 is, I don't know. Perhaps one of the Samsung devices?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:46 AM   #17
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
More than an Amazon's smartphone , I would love a more refined Kindle Fire. Maybe thinner and lighter.

I am very interested and anxious about the possibility of a mini iPad, too. With Jobs out of the scene, that scenario is taking more and more momentum every day.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2012, 09:30 PM   #18
djulian
Evangelist
djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I'm thinking they'll call it the Kindle Spark?
djulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:13 PM   #19
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Or the Kindle Blaze.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 01:37 AM   #20
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
My first thought as I ate Chinese tonight and saw the banner on the TV stating that Amazon would probably get a Smartphone was "great."

THEN I had second and third thoughts.
Will the Amazon Smartphone have an SD card?
Will it only have 8GB data including the software and reserved room from Amazon purchases?

That was disheartening. I continued eating and drinking anyway, though.

SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2012, 02:01 AM   #21
Top100EbooksRank
Banned
Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Top100EbooksRank ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Given that the Fire is only sold in the US, I doubt that it's true. What the #2 is, I don't know. Perhaps one of the Samsung devices?
Samsung Tab tablet worldwide sales is behind Kindle Fire from what I have read online.

#1. Ipad by a large margin
#2. Kindle Fire
#3. Samsung Galaxy Tab

Last edited by Top100EbooksRank; 07-08-2012 at 02:05 AM.
Top100EbooksRank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 03:37 AM   #22
afa
The Forgotten
afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; Nook HD; Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
It's hard to determine, since there are various different models and no one really knows for sure how much each has sold.

I'm with HarryT - considering hardly anyone outside of the US has a Fire, and the Samsung Galaxy brand has a good reputation worldwide, I suspect they are second to the Apple.

As for the OT - bad idea. No way an Amazon smartphone will succeed. They're getting in over their heads.
afa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 03:46 AM   #23
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
I too assumed the Galaxy would be #2, however that would be the Galaxy Tab series combined, not a single Galaxy Tab. The reason being that a) Americans seem to have gone gaga over the Fire, many love the convenience of Amazon, b) whenever I'm in an electronics store I see people looking, testing and feeling Galaxy Tabs, but I never see anyone walking out with one.
Granted b) is at best anecdotal at worst it is a reflection of the cheap ass electronics stores I visit. And c) maybe they look at them and then go home and purchase over the net, who knows?
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 03:57 AM   #24
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top100EbooksRank View Post
Samsung Tab tablet worldwide sales is behind Kindle Fire from what I have read online.

#1. Ipad by a large margin
#2. Kindle Fire
#3. Samsung Galaxy Tab
I don't know how anyone can know this, because Amazon don't release sales figures.
Old 07-08-2012, 04:02 AM   #25
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
I don't know how anyone can know this, because Amazon don't release sales figures.
Isn't that what market research is for?
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:14 AM   #26
DarkScribe
Apprentice Curmudgeon.
DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Touch, Paperwhite, Sony, and Nook.
Quote:
No. The Fire has been a tremendous success. What makes you think otherwise? Amazon have said that the Fire has been their best-selling ever product.
Possibly the fact everyone who I know who has one no longer uses them. Add to that the fact that the stores that sell Kindles (here in Oz) are discounting them. Most of the local reviews were not kind to it. We have one in the family but no one uses it, though all use either the DX or the Touch.

I would not regard it as a success story.
DarkScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:17 AM   #27
DarkScribe
Apprentice Curmudgeon.
DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Touch, Paperwhite, Sony, and Nook.
Quote:
Maybe they trawl through groups like this and count the member's listed devices?

I don't know about Amazon's policy re stats, but several magazine reviews do quote sales figures. Perhaps they come from Amazon's Annual Report?
DarkScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:22 AM   #28
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkScribe View Post
Add to that the fact that the stores that sell Kindles (here in Oz) are discounting them.
I'm a little puzzled by this. The Fire isn't sold in Australia. It's not sold anywhere outside the US. You have stores in Australia that sell the Kindle Fire?