Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-25-2012, 01:34 PM   #31
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
It very well may have been something else. I'm personally afraid to use Go Launcher! LOL.

Yay for it being out for delivery!
Same here. I'm to afraid to put it back on.

Well I am loading it up the replacement with apps as I type. It's definitely not a new unit. My guess is refurbished. The box came with the unit and and then the charger just thrown in. No special card.

There are two scuff marks on the top of each side where some of the finished is off. Could be from previous owner's case rub, maybe? It's DIRT! Came right off when I cleaned it.

It seems to work okay. It's actually a tad faster then my old one and much more responsive. It's much more brighter then my old one. Wow Screen Dimm went on it immediately. It updated to 6.2.2 and I've rebooted 5 times now with no issues.

Last edited by Blossom; 01-25-2012 at 07:06 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 01:56 PM   #32
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Aw, I'm sorry, Blossom. Stinks to lose your Angry Birds progress too. I'd be going through withdrawals too, I use my fire so much more than I ever thought I would. I'm glad CS are sending you another so quickly.
There is no need to lose Angry Birds statistics when hard resetting or acquiring a new device. There are (free) apps to backup scores/stats in Angry Birds, Angry Birds Seasons and Angry Birds Rio. I have restored my data several times and each works great. Available in the Android Market they are:

AngryBirdsBackup
AngryBirdsBackup(Seasons)
Rio Backup
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2012, 02:00 PM   #33
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
There is no need to lose Angry Birds statistics when hard resetting or acquiring a new device. There are (free) apps to backup scores/stats in Angry Birds, Angry Birds Seasons and Angry Birds Rio. I have restored my data several times and each works great. Available in the Android Market they are:

AngryBirdsBackup
AngryBirdsBackup(Seasons)
Rio Backup
I will be using them from now on! I lost mine due to unit no longer working.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:21 PM   #34
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The version for Go is 2.71. I am not going to update as it is running great so far with no problems.

I have three browsers installed and three other launchers besides stock. Guess I'm on the blaze now instead of the fire model. Too much fun without even rooting.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:24 PM   #35
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post
The version for Go is 2.71. I am not going to update as it is running great so far with no problems.

I have three browsers installed and three other launchers besides stock. Guess I'm on the blaze now instead of the fire model. Too much fun without even rooting.
When you reboot do you switch to default first or use the launcher you are in?
Advert
Old 01-25-2012, 03:04 PM   #36
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Same here. I'm to afraid to put it back on.

Well I am loading it up the replacement with apps as I type. It's definitely not a new unit. My guess is refurbished. The box came with the unit and and then the charger just thrown in. No special card.

There are two scuff marks on the top of each side where some of the finished is off. Could be from previous owner's case rub, maybe?

It seems to work okay. It's actually a tad faster then my old one and much more responsive. It's much more brighter then my old one. Wow Screen Dimm went on it immediately. It updated to 6.2.2 and I've rebooted 5 times now with no issues.

That's great that it's a little faster. I rarely shut my fire down or do a restart. The last time I did after the update I lost a bunch of book covers. They turned gray. It was a pain getting them back.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:10 PM   #37
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
That's great that it's a little faster. I rarely shut my fire down or do a restart. The last time I did after the update I lost a bunch of book covers. They turned gray. It was a pain getting them back.
Alot faster but the battery life seems to draining quickly! We will see after a few charges if it gets better.

Did the 6.2.2 update add numbers to the top letter keys on the keyboard? I don't remember seeing that on my old one but it one of the first thing I notice when using this one.

Last edited by Blossom; 01-25-2012 at 03:15 PM.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:28 PM   #38
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
I both updated and rebooted with Go Launcher as the default, and didn't switch back before doing either one. No problems but you guys are making me worry. Do we know for sure that it has been the source of the problem for anybody?
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:36 PM   #39
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
I both updated and rebooted with Go Launcher as the default, and didn't switch back before doing either one. No problems but you guys are making me worry. Do we know for sure that it has been the source of the problem for anybody?
We can't confirm anything. A few people have had issues with it but the specifics vary. One person here had the same issue I did but they had installed an old version which wasn't compatible. They were able to recover the Kindle by rooting it.

I read on another forum one person had four Fires. Use the same apk on all 4 of them. Two installed okay and no issue but the other two installed did what my fire did.

Mine worked fine till the other night. I can't say Go! is the issue and I'll never know. I just will be overly cautious for now.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:37 PM   #40
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Thanks

Quote:
Alot faster but the battery life seems to draining quickly! We will see after a few charges if it gets better.

Did the 6.2.2 update add numbers to the top letter keys on the keyboard? I don't remember seeing that on my old one but it one of the first thing I notice when using this one.
Thanks for that information on the numbers. I just noticed them now as well. I never noticed them before. A longer press gets the numbers. There are other punctuation marks above the number row as well. I also never noticed them.

Install Bad Ass Battery Monitor Pro to get measurements on your battery. It also tells you what amount of battery energy each app is using and allows you to jump directly to the App Management screen if required to get app version number and to clear the cache.

I only install apps approved by the Amazon Store. I hope they pretest them before giving the okay.

Last edited by sirmaru; 01-25-2012 at 03:44 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:40 PM   #41
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
Thanks for that information on the numbers. I just noticed them now as well. I never noticed them before. A longer press gets the numbers.

Install Bad Ass Battery Monitor Pro to get measurements on your battery.
I didn't have them on my old one. I wonder could it be a bad firmware update after all.

BABM was one of the first things I put on there. I use the Kindle Fire edition as it's more accurate.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:09 PM   #42
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Oh that's interesting, I hadn't noticed the numbers before, but I see them now. I'm going to download the kindle fire edition of BABM now too. I was using the free one previously.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:53 PM   #43
jswinden
Nameless Being

I'm fairly sure those numbers have been there since at least 6.1.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:58 PM   #44
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I'm fairly sure those numbers have been there since at least 6.1.
Not on my old Kindle Fire. I was a couple weeks ago wishing for this. This is a new feature for me. Could be I installed an app that messed things up as when I first got it I was testing apps for people.

Last edited by Blossom; 01-25-2012 at 05:17 PM.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:03 PM   #45
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I usually go to the stock launcher before I shut down the KF and remove what I don't want on the carousel which is nothing else but books.

When I restart the KF, I usually go to Go Launcher Ex first more often than not.

I want to keep the carousel fairly clean and it probably doesn't matter if I don't but it has been a charm for me so far.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote