Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-31-2013, 12:13 PM   #1621
Etoja
Etoja began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M92, PocketBook Pro 912, Kindle 3
Anyway, Happy New Year to everybody! Good luck and best wishes for the new year!
Etoja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:10 PM   #1622
machinogodzilla
Addict
machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PBook 902† Kindle† Nook SimpleTouch† Onyx M92† i86† M96 N96ML NotePro
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixalsverdrus View Post
I'm having the same problem, it's quite hard to figure out what those zooming options do. E.g., I don't really understand those margin functions. A detailed manual would really be great.

Here: http://ereader-store.de/de/content/8-downloads it says that a manual is in progress. Booxtor, any guess when it will be finished?

Thx, nixalsverdrus
I had a go at creating the basis for the community M92 manual, and the options you don't understand were among the reasons why, but unfortunately it didn't catch too much interest.
machinogodzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2014, 08:25 PM   #1623
Dolansky
Groupie
Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.

Device: HannsPad.10'.&.IQ(Farbinhalte), PB903,M92(Fachbuch), Kindle3
I tried to describe among other issues the PDF-functionality which includes the zooming options in german in another forum.
see: lesen.net/forum/..->Onyx M92;
Dolansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:05 PM   #1624
kuni_zdenek
kuni_zdenek began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by machinogodzilla View Post
I had a go at creating the basis for the community M92 manual, and the options you don't understand were among the reasons why, but unfortunately it didn't catch too much interest.
Can be as a good starting point. If I have some time I will try to contribute. I suggest to concentrate on things that are not intuitive and one figures out how they work.
kuni_zdenek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 02:23 PM   #1625
Alastor1
Alastor1 began at the beginning.

Device: BOOX M92
Hello, I have been using this device for nearly 2 years now. I love it. It is now an absolutely necessary companion in studies. And good for entertainment: books, manga ..
But the new update has introduced some really nasty bug: when using Office reader to open docs, in every single file you can not turn from page 1 to page 2 via scrolling (only manual "Go to page" works), but you can turn from page 2 to 3, 3 to 4 etc like you would expect. Also, you can turn from page 2 to 1 normally. For now, the only solution I came up with was to convert all docs to pdfs.
This seems to be a really strange bug ... Hope it will get fixed.
Multitasking feature is really handy on the other hand.
Thanks
Alastor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2014, 06:12 AM   #1626
voyageusejvzc
voyageusejvzc began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3, onyx boox m92
deleted. (don't know where to delete posts)

Last edited by voyageusejvzc; 02-05-2014 at 02:40 PM.
voyageusejvzc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 04:35 AM   #1627
mSSM
Connoisseur? Addict!
mSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with others

Device: Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
UPD 2013.12.04

Newest update including multitasking and some new PDF features

ereader-store.de/DATA/update-20131204.zip

Detailed release notes will be added later.
Any chance to get that “detailed changelog”?
mSSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:52 PM   #1628
JHarry
Connoisseur
JHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Smile

Bug Report:
1.Pictures in *.Zip and *.Rar cannot be controlled by Wacom.(Page Up and Down)
2.Missing "Slide Show" Mode in PDF reader(May exists in other reader,but so far I found it)
3.Cannot remember bookmarks in Docs like *.Zip and *.Rar
Multitasking feature works quite good,thank you.

Last edited by JHarry; 02-18-2014 at 11:55 PM.
JHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 07:48 PM   #1629
marcx
marcx began at the beginning.

Hi,

I've just discovered this site after ordering my M92. Thanks for your work and for sharing it wit us.

Does anyone know if the M92 from Amazon is compatible with all these updates? I ordered it HERE yesterday, and now I'm reading that there are some units which are not compatible.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited by marcx; 03-06-2014 at 10:24 PM.
marcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:06 AM   #1630
Dolansky
Groupie
Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.

Device: HannsPad.10'.&.IQ(Farbinhalte), PB903,M92(Fachbuch), Kindle3
the amazon m92 is sold by the polish onyx reseller artatech under the domain onyx-boox.com is not compatible with the booxtor-edition (these threads@mobileread) for (ereader-store.de/ereader-store.eu device), because mainly due to licence restrictions for the ivona tts they locked there firmware, hence the unlocked booxtor-edition does not work for your device.

Last edited by Dolansky; 03-07-2014 at 12:33 PM.
Dolansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:50 AM   #1631
BACbKA
мокрец
BACbKA began at the beginning.

Device: palm, iliad
secure download links / secure page with crypto hashes for the firmware image?!

Thanks for posting the upgraded firmware images regularly.

However, the links over at http://ereader-store.de/en/content/8-downloads are plain HTTP links --- how do I ensure there is a no man-in-the-middle supplanting of my firmware before upgrade?

Is there a secure d/l server somewhere, with a reputable cert? where can I find crypto hashes of the image I have just downloaded before I flash it?
BACbKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 02:14 PM   #1632
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O 1st. gen. Libra 2
Generally the german sofware is improved over the official chinese one, but if you want the the manufacturers original firmware you can find it here

Last edited by yayo; 03-07-2014 at 02:18 PM.
yayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 08:27 PM   #1633
VVlada
VVlada began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodomo View Post
The documentation specifies that you may place your own templates onto the SD card.
Could you please give some details in how to do this. Is this still possible to do on newest firmware?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodomo View Post
I'll attach the files to this post - just extract them into the top directory of your SD card.
I have copied your files both to the top directory and to an named folder, but I don't know how to use them - the scribble application does not see them.
VVlada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 08:29 PM   #1634
VVlada
VVlada began at the beginning.

Is there a way to delete (clear) only one scribble, or a number of selected scribbles?
I see only the button for clear all scribbles...
VVlada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 05:50 PM   #1635
Klastes
Klastes knows the square root of minus one.Klastes knows the square root of minus one.Klastes knows the square root of minus one.Klastes knows the square root of minus one.Klastes knows the square root of minus one.Klastes knows the square root of minus one.Klastes knows the square root of minus one.Klastes knows the square root of minus one.Klastes knows the square root of minus one.Klastes knows the square root of minus one.Klastes knows the square root of minus one.

Device: PRS - 505
Hello. I know the way to change software from arta -tech to boxtor both ways tested with newest firmware.
I have prepared by my own a special firmware to change vendor.
Klastes is offline   Reply With Quote