Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 01-03-2011, 04:37 PM   #1
NASCARaddicted
Addict
NASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: BeBook One, Pocketbook Touch, Pocketbook Touch HD
need help on how to align a table to the right

Hello

I have a small table that I want to align to the right with CSS. I tried different things, and they look good in Firefox and in the ebook viewer of Calibre, but when I put the epub-file on my ebook-reader (Bebook with ADE), the table is not right aligned, it is aligned to the left.

Here is what I tried so far, after some Google search:

.tabrechts {border-style:hidden; border-collapse: collapse; margin-right: 0em; margin-left: auto;}

and I also tried

.tabfloat {border-style:hidden; border-collapse: collapse; width:auto; float:right;}

As I said, it looks good in Firefox and Calibre, but once it ends up on my ebook-reader, the table is on the left side.

Can anyone help me, please? Am I doing something wrong?
NASCARaddicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 04:25 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
ADE treats "auto" margins as "0", which is allowed in the ePUB spec. Try "margin-right: 0" instead, or wrap the table in a <div> with "text-align: right" (you may have to set the aligment inside the table again, or the cells will be right-aligned too).
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2011, 11:03 AM   #3
NASCARaddicted
Addict
NASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
ADE treats "auto" margins as "0", which is allowed in the ePUB spec. Try "margin-right: 0" instead, or wrap the table in a <div> with "text-align: right" (you may have to set the aligment inside the table again, or the cells will be right-aligned too).
I already tried margin-right:0, together with margin-left: auto. So do you mean I should remove the margin-left part?

Well, I will give both your ideas a try. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:34 PM   #4
NASCARaddicted
Addict

so, I just tried, but with no success.

At first I removed the margin-left: auto, I just left the margin-right at 0. Now, even in Firefox the table is left aligned - so that is the exact opposite of what I wanted.

Then I tried it with div text align right and a table with no margins at all, but it was the same: the whole table is on the left.

Am I doing something wrong, or am I just stupid? Or what else could be the problem?
Old 01-05-2011, 05:52 AM   #5
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
What's the width of the table? Can we see a sample?
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2011, 12:11 PM   #6
NASCARaddicted
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
What's the width of the table? Can we see a sample?
The table itself is not very width. It only has 1 column. Actually I only need it for text. Maybe there are other possible ways besides using a table ...

anyway, here is table (or the text of the table):

Karl Blomquist, Privatdetektiv
Adr.: Hauptstraße 14, Kleinköping.«

You see, this is the end of a letter. I want this text to be on the right side of the page, but I want it to be left-aligned. So I thouhgt I put this 2 lines in a table, use "align: left" on the table column and then right align the whole table.

But somehow I didn't manage to do it.

Maybe there are other ways to achieve what I want. I also thought about using blockquote, but this didn't work either.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:46 PM   #7
hard13
Enthusiast
hard13 began at the beginning.

Device: none
have you tried table align?
hard13 is offline   Reply With Quote