Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-14-2014, 10:34 AM   #1
dfect
dfect began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kindle DXG
Koreader problems with iptables or insmod

Hello,

I tried to run koreader in my Kindle DXG 3.2.1, this is the output:

[root@kindle root]# /mnt/us/koreader/koreader.sh
system: I koreader.sh:def:koreader: Setting up IPTables rules . . .
Setting up IPTables rules . . .
FATAL: Module ip_tables not found.
iptables v1.3.8: can't initialize iptables table `filter': iptables who? (do you need to insmod?)
Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.
iptables v1.3.8: can't initialize iptables table `filter': iptables who? (do you need to insmod?)
system: I koreader.sh:def:koreader: Mounting system fonts . . .
Mounting system fonts . . .
system: I koreader.sh:def:koreader: Stopping cvm . . .
Stopping cvm . . .
system: I koreader.sh:def:koreader: Starting KOReader . . .
Starting KOReader . . .
system: I koreader.sh:def:koreader: Unmounting system fonts . . .
Unmounting system fonts . . .
system: I koreader.sh:def:koreader: Resuming cvm . . .
Resuming cvm . . .
system: I koreader.sh:def:koreader: Restoring IPTables rules . . .
Restoring IPTables rules . . .

Do I need to install insmod or iptables (how do I proceed that)?
dfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 10:55 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Evidently, the Frankenstein cross-breed of series 3.x firmware on a series 2.x device was never tested for that usage.

What is your reason for running the Frankenstein firmware package?

You would probably have better luck just running the last, Amazon, release firmware for your device (v2.5.8).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 12:28 PM   #3
dfect

I upgraded because of better pdf handling (i've read it should be better on 3.2.1).

I use it daily and 95% of the time for pdf reading as the browser doesn't work in Sweden (3g blocked almost everything that's not amazon.com).

I was hoping TOC links was to be working in 3.2.1 but it seems to be the same as in 2.5.8. (not clickable?)
Old 08-14-2014, 02:14 PM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
According to the first posts of each thread, you should be using the older (prior to koreader) kpdfviewer in the DXG, from:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=157047
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 04:17 PM   #5
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
KOReader has no support for non-Touch devices, you wan't KPDFViewer instead.

EDIT: Err, which is what knc1 just said. Need better eyes. .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 11:37 AM   #6
dfect

Thanks!

Worked much better now