Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 10-25-2011, 04:01 PM   #1
Fingolas
Fingolas is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Fingolas is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Fingolas is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Fingolas is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Fingolas is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Fingolas is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Fingolas is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Fingolas is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Fingolas is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Fingolas is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Fingolas is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kindle, Aldiko
Post "The Power of Open" by Creative Commons

Well, since [Promotional redirect delete - MODERATOR] didn't create any interest I'll give it another try:

This time it's all about creative commons, their licenses and the people benefiting from them. A while ago Creative commons created this PDF, about the licenses and all their advantages. Personally I think that ePUB is by far the better format for a book like this, and so I build it.

This time it's even more optimized for iBooks and especially the iPad, because there are some technical difficulties I could only solve for one device. And when I had to decide, I chose this device, because in my opinion it's right now the device displaying ePUBs in the best possible way. I do hope that in the near future all the others will follow (I'm really curious for KF8).
But with the exception of one page, "The Power of Open" also looks quite good in ADE (and everything that is build on it, like Aldiko).

Well I really would appreciate a discussion about this eBook and would like to see your opinion about the conversion I did from PDF to ePUB (and if you find it necessary).
Attached Files
File Type: epub ThePowerOfOpen_EN.epub (6.05 MB, 182 views)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 10-25-2011 at 04:45 PM.
Fingolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 02:05 AM   #2
LaurelRusswurm
self publishing novelist
LaurelRusswurm knows the way to San Jose.LaurelRusswurm knows the way to San Jose.LaurelRusswurm knows the way to San Jose.LaurelRusswurm knows the way to San Jose.LaurelRusswurm knows the way to San Jose.LaurelRusswurm knows the way to San Jose.LaurelRusswurm knows the way to San Jose.LaurelRusswurm knows the way to San Jose.LaurelRusswurm knows the way to San Jose.LaurelRusswurm knows the way to San Jose.LaurelRusswurm knows the way to San Jose.

Device: none
I would love to read this but there is no hope 'til December. By then i might even have figured out how to read eBooks on my Android phone instead of my computer :0
LaurelRusswurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 05:57 AM   #3
Fingolas
Fingolas is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Fingolas is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Fingolas is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Fingolas is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Fingolas is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Fingolas is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Fingolas is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Fingolas is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Fingolas is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Fingolas is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Fingolas is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kindle, Aldiko
Well, I know that Aldiko for Android looks quite good already, although there are still some differences in the appearance and the support of the ePUB-standards.
Also I think that the Sony Reader App and the Nook App support many standards, but because I'm from Germany I can't download and test them
Fingolas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creative commons, design, ebook, epub, pdf