Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-27-2011, 07:03 AM   #1
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
Sony and Multiple Libraries

I read the FAQ and it talks about mulitple instances of Calbire, but how about one install of Calibre, but multiple Libraries?

I was looking at creating a second Library to handle throw away stuff, that I would load onto a memory card. So I will load books onto the main memory from one Library, and books and such onto a memory card, using the second Library.

I just want to make sure this will not mess anything up, before I go do it.

Does each memory location (main and memory card) have aits own metadata file? I can't see how they could not.

Thanks.
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 07:26 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecone View Post
Does each memory location (main and memory card) have aits own metadata file? I can't see how they could not.
They do on my device.

There are several people around who use multiple libraries. I have never heard that being a problem. I don't think you can break anything by trying- worst case, you'd have to resend some books.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:41 PM   #3
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
I'm failing to understand why you would need a second library for books you will put on a memory card. I use Save to Disk to send books to a folder on my desktop, then I drag the folder to my card. If you want to keep track of which books you have put on your card, you can create a custom column (I use a single star but yes/no should also work). I go through my list (usually a searched list) and put a start in the column of each book I want to copy to my card, then I use the tag editor to narrow the list to ones I want to add to the card, then save the entire list to the folder. I use multiple libraries but I feel, in this case (assuming I understood your intent), a second library would be overkill and cumbersome.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 02:06 PM   #4
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
Because I want them to be in collections on the card.

Otherwise I could just copy them to the card.
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:04 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecone View Post
Because I want them to be in collections on the card.
I have no problem having anyone use multiple libraries. The solution you stated should work fine. However, nothing prevents them from being in collections on the SD card from one library?

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 01-28-2011 at 03:06 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote