Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-14-2013, 05:37 PM   #31
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Excellent! The features are now completely accessible on my touchless 902, and the app is totally useable. I have some very minor complaints, though. The very outside pixels on the screen are hidden under the bezel, so some of the content disappears when margin cropping is turned on (especially true when the bookmark list is disabled). Would it be possible to add some margins to the display itself to make sure that all the content stays within view? I also get a lot of ghosting in the display, I guess because PartialUpdate() is always called. Many apps provide an option to do a FullUpdate() after N updates to clean the screen. The main device configuration allows someone to set what the value of N is, and you could get that from the Global configuration settings and choose whether to do Full/Partial Update based on that number. This way, you wouldn't need to add any UI code to handle the choice of N.

Edit: Let me add some code to show how it might be done:

Code:
iconfig *gcfg = GetGlobalConfig();
int N = ReadInt(gcfg, "invertupdate", 10);
In this case, "10" is the default in case invertupdate isn't set in the /mnt/ext1/config/global.cfg file (very unlikely). Don't free gfcg afterwards, or things won't go so well with the program.

Last edited by rkomar; 04-14-2013 at 05:45 PM.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:23 AM   #32
paolog
Zealot
paolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook touch 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by melihron View Post
-Yeah, I know. Will be fixed some time later, maybe, as this is not a showstopper

-You actually can, but you have to know where to look - look at the page number in the top status strip - it is updated as you click buttons. Did not want to add visual indication to clicks as it slows the process
well!

so just one more suggestion.

The R button rotate from portrait to landscape view so you have the physical button on the right.

It would be nice to have them also on the left in case one can't use the right hand.

paolog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2013, 04:23 AM   #33
Pocketbook912
Pocketbook912 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 912
First I want to thank you melihron, this viewer saves a lot of time, I don't need to edit (tex)pdfs anymore, they are much more readable now(contrast). Very handsome reader.

One thing left. The page number is saved yes, but the rotation(R)[landscape] is not saved in the .toc after closing an opened pdf. Can you add this feature?
Or another possibility(maybe a better one) is following: In the configuration(settings) one can set, that the system is rotated 90 degree(landscape mode).
Now if you open a pdf, the viewer still shows the complete page and does not zoom in and adapt it.
I always read in landscape, its just better and more comfortable to read. Not too much content is displayed(scientist papers).
Thank you for your good work.
(I hope, my English is not that bad...)
Greetings.
Pocketbook912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:35 PM   #34
porga
Connoisseur
porga began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 912 Pro
I just stumbled on this, does it have possibility to remove extra white space around text?

You can increase contrast for light grey texts?
porga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:56 PM   #35
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by porga View Post
I just stumbled on this, does it have possibility to remove extra white space around text?

It does crop margins automatically, but you can't adjust what they should be. You cannot increase contrast, but you may not have to. Try it and see; you just have to copy it to system/bin and add it to your extensions.cfg file.
Advert
Old 04-17-2013, 04:47 PM   #36
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
And try rotation to landscape for the really difficult to read pdf files.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:55 PM   #37
melihron
melihron is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!melihron is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!melihron is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!melihron is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!melihron is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!melihron is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!melihron is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!melihron is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!melihron is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!melihron is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!melihron is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Quote:
Originally Posted by porga View Post
There is logic which makes text black if it's darker than 0.5. However, it seems to have not made much difference. I am planning to add mode "Black text only" which will hide pictures, shades, etc. and only leave black color text, optionally bold. Plus other suggestions - full update interval, off-screen pixels, save more settings in toc file - hopefully over this weekend.

Thank you people for your feedback!
melihron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:13 PM   #38
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
If I could express a wish (but I don't know if this is possible at all): when using the other readers on the device, when I'm shutting down the device from within a book the last opened page will be displayed during booting the next time. Is such an integration of mupdf possible?
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:35 PM   #39
melihron
melihron is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!melihron is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!melihron is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!melihron is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!melihron is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!melihron is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!melihron is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!melihron is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!melihron is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!melihron is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!melihron is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Yes, this is possible. They have just been discussing details on Russian developers forum
Old 04-17-2013, 05:49 PM   #40
rkomar
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
If I could express a wish (but I don't know if this is possible at all): when using the other readers on the device, when I'm shutting down the device from within a book the last opened page will be displayed during booting the next time. Is such an integration of mupdf possible?
I just figured out how to do this recently in pbimageviewer.app (you have to call the BookReady() function once). I'm planning to do a new release very soon, and will upload the source code to the website. Over time, I've ended up adding a lot of the features requested for mupdfview (including some Brightness/Contrast/Gamma controls in the upcoming release), and I think looking at that code could save melihron some time when implementing each new feature himself. Half the job is figuring out which Inkview function should be called with what arguments, and seeing it done in another program helps.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:03 PM   #41
melihron

Hmm... they have discussed overwriting system/logo/logo.bmp file. Thanks, I will certainly have a look when you do release
Old 04-17-2013, 06:16 PM   #42
rkomar
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by melihron View Post
Hmm... they have discussed overwriting system/logo/logo.bmp file. Thanks, I will certainly have a look when you do release
Doh! I've been hurrying and didn't read Billi's message closely enough. I thought she was asking to have the application automatically started after booting up (which is what BookReady() is for). I don't know how to have the current page displayed during boot-up, though. I guess I will have to look at your code to find out.

Edit: Ah! If you look at the pdfviewer source code, you can see that a snapshot is created on an EVT_SNAPSHOT event by ultimately calling PageSnapshot(). I'll have to try that myself. ... It works! That was easy. I just added the following to main_handler() :

Code:
if (type == EVT_SNAPSHOT) {
  // This provides the startup screen while booting.
  DrawPanel((ibitmap*)PANELICON_LOAD, "@snapshot_info", NULL, -1);
  PageSnapshot();
}
Note that you would only call DrawPanel() if you usually call it when drawing to the screen at other times.

Last edited by rkomar; 04-17-2013 at 06:38 PM.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:24 PM   #43
melihron

Ok, but then BookReady() is the second half of the answer. I guess it's not enough just to see the last page and then not start the app on startup.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:28 AM   #44
crt
Enthusiast
crt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of light

Device: kindle keyboard, PocketBook Pro 912 (black), T62D with Gonyx
One more thing (apart from my earlier wish for bolder printing and manual cropping):
I was viewing a scanned document stored as a pdf file the other day, with 3 columns. If one can zoom (with the appropriate button or the '+' and '-') further, it would make the document more legible, but then the round physical button at the bottom of the 912 should be used to pan around in continuous mode.
The non-Adobe pdf viewer (I am forgetting its name now) is fine, but always centers when zooming. The round button at the bottom does not pan around - just up and down and not continuously (as e.g., Duokan for Kindle).
crt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:24 AM   #45
porga
Connoisseur
porga began at the beginning.

I just installed it. Contrast seems to be way better than other PDF viewers. Yo need to work on menu a bit (not very intuitive), but overall impression is that this is very promising application...

I must test it to check out if left, top menus can be hidden etc....
porga is offline   Reply With Quote