Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 04-01-2010, 12:03 PM   #1
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Public BETA of the DR1000S 2.0 software available

http://i-to-i.irexnet.com/2010/04/01...are-available/

Just installing it.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 12:12 PM   #2
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
Thanks for noticing it.
I'm still hoping that Mackx could modify the Xournal app to work with this version.
As my DR is in the office just now (and I am not) I'd be interested to see if the fbreader port can just installed as is or (as I assume) it too will need some mods as it would just save converting my mobi books etc)

Any photos would be nice too.
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2010, 12:29 PM   #3
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I cannot launch FBReader as is in old 1.71 firmware. It says It cannot run.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:54 PM   #4
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
Thanks rfog,
It is what I expected, after all it is a new firmware However I think there has been a port to the DR800 and so I assume that may work.
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:56 PM   #5
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
I have a theory that it may be possible to retain mobipocket support even after this update. After all, it should just be a UDS plugin, right? Right?
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2010, 04:47 PM   #6
dlovely
Enthusiast
dlovely began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
installed it, indexed for a while and now i can't sort by modified date! thanks for the cruel april fools joke! It does look nicer but I have to find a way to sort by modified date and not date added... (and yes i realize it's beta )
dlovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 04:55 PM   #7
rfog
Guru

I've had problems with stylus and buttons: on some boots they failed, but when works, it works smoother than 1.7.1
Old 04-01-2010, 07:37 PM   #8
CoolDragon
Addict
CoolDragon doesn't litterCoolDragon doesn't litter

Device: none
For those who have tried, what kind of PDF zoom options are there in the landscape mode? And what's the default one?
CoolDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:42 PM   #9
myprecious
Zealot
myprecious began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
pdf documents are much faster)) but I miss dictionary look-up
myprecious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 10:26 PM   #10
luite
Connoisseur
luite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.luite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.luite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: dr1000
Is it possible to completely disable indexing? Apparently I have a lot of documents on my SD card, as indexing took over 3 hours the first time. More annoyingly, it also adds around 45 seconds to the boot time.

I haven't tested much yet, but I did notice some problems with the menu not always showing up when pressing the menu button (pdf, in landscape, page flow, full screen), sometimes the screen only flashes, sometimes only the outline of the menu is drawn.
luite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:09 PM   #11
keng2000
Researcher and Consultant
keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: MACBOOKPRO17" HP2400TX SONYUX27
Problem:
1. Changing SD Card causes device reboot. It may cause for re-Indexing.

Pros:
1. New GUI, look much better.
keng2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:08 AM   #12
OlleF
Enthusiast
OlleF will become famous soon enoughOlleF will become famous soon enoughOlleF will become famous soon enoughOlleF will become famous soon enoughOlleF will become famous soon enoughOlleF will become famous soon enough

Device: Bookeen Opus, Irex 1000
I have installed the new beta and it works like magic!
OlleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:58 AM   #13
pauli
Groupie
pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.

Device: iLiad, DR1000S, HTC Hero, DR800SG
you can disable the thumbnail generation in the advanced settings:
settings (icon with tools in it) => advanced settings (icon with tools and a + in it)
pauli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:41 AM   #14
luite
Connoisseur
luite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.luite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.luite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: dr1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauli View Post
you can disable the thumbnail generation in the advanced settings:
settings (icon with tools in it) => advanced settings (icon with tools and a + in it)
That could have helped for the first index run, but unfortunately doesn't for the boot delay.

I hope iRex will provide a development rootfs image and the document-viewer-plugins for this beta firmware, because a version of the djvu plugin that I compiled for the DR800 (not yet released), doesn't work on this DR1000 firmware, and I can't see what goes wrong.
luite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 04:56 AM   #15
Gertjan
ex-IRX developer
Gertjan doesn't litterGertjan doesn't litterGertjan doesn't litter

Device: Irex DR800S, DR1000S, iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by luite View Post
Is it possible to completely disable indexing? Apparently I have a lot of documents on my SD card, as indexing took over 3 hours the first time. More annoyingly, it also adds around 45 seconds to the boot time.
Indexing a large book collection may take a while (a few seconds per book) but once added to the device, it should not extend the boot time considerably.

Do you see the "Indexing..." splash screen during these 45 seconds?
Do others experience an extra long boot time too?
Gertjan is offline   Reply With Quote