Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 09-23-2008, 11:23 PM   #1
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Won't fit here anymore, see sig for a list of liseuses.
Smile A proper introduction

Hello everyone! Long-time lurker here. I'm always on this site lurking and reading, because I learn many things here. I figured I should introduce myself properly before I go and create trouble in the discussions.

I have to credit this site for giving me the push toward using eBooks. I started out earlier this year with a Palm m500 bought for $20 on eBay, then I got an eBookwise, which I think is a great device for the price. Then, just a few days ago, I went to Target and got myself a Sony PRS-505. Woot!

I have to say that the Sony is a beautiful, sleek piece of gadget. Not perfect, but hey. I was this close to getting a Kindle, primarily for the annotation and dictionary features which are very desirable to me. But I knew myself well enough to know that even with those extra features, I probably won't toss a Kindle into my bag and haul it around, especially while travelling. Even without those features, I have no buyer's remorse with the Sony. I'm eagerly waiting for October 2.

I'd like to give a shout-out to Calibre and its developer. It has been really, really useful. Sony's library software sucks.

Take care everyone!
Seabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 11:43 PM   #2
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabound View Post
But I knew myself well enough to know that even with those extra features, I probably won't toss a Kindle into my bag and haul it around, especially while travelling.
I certainly toss both my Kindle & the Sony Reader into my backpack to take with me. This week it was from Dallas to Denver. With the Kindle & its standard cover, I have the elastic to hold the cover shut around the device. The Sony cover feels like it has magnets in it and stays closed as well. I've had no problems at all with toting these wherever I go.

Oh yeah! I should certainly say "Welcome". Looks like you know us better than we know you -- so I'm very glad you introduced yourself. Join right in with the discussions. And enjoy your Sony!

Last edited by Elsi; 09-23-2008 at 11:46 PM.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2008, 02:35 AM   #3
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you for the nice welcome, Elsi! Looks like you have the best of both worlds there with the Kindle and Sony. The magnets on the Sony are at the top and bottom corners---if you put a safety pin on those corners at the back, you will find the magnets. I'm definitely enjoying my Sony already.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:12 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Seabound and welcome to the Forum. Like you I am eagerly awaiting 2 October.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:04 PM   #5
Seabound
Steerage Class

Thank you, cassidym! (I like your photo. )
Advert
Old 09-25-2008, 03:31 PM   #6
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Welcome Seabound from another noob!

Regards,
R.L.
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 02:24 AM   #7
Seabound
Steerage Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlparker View Post
Welcome Seabound from another noob!

Regards,
R.L.
Hallooo fellow newbie rlparker!