Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-11-2013, 04:57 PM   #1
Mcmac
Mcmac began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
"Low memory" when viewing PDFs with Paperwhite

I got my Paperwhite not so long ago, and I'm pretty satisfied with it.
I have a little problem though. Whenever I view PDFs that are not vector based (so scans for instance) first of all the page turn is very slow, and secondly, after a couple of page turns a dialogue comes up saying
"Low memory.
The selected item could not be opened. Your Kindle doesn’t have enough free memory."
The PDFs are scans, though good quality and low file size, for instance 8mb for a 165 page doc.
Any way to solve this?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by Mcmac; 02-11-2013 at 07:31 PM.
Mcmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:46 PM   #2
Skywow
Skywow began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle ANPW
Hello, try to restart your device.

Greetings!
Skywow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2013, 06:55 PM   #3
Bookatarian
Zealot
Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I use knitting pattern pdf's on my PW and used to get the error often. When I did, a restart took care of the problem. After one of the updates, I quit getting the error, so I also recommend you have the latest firmware version for your Kindle. Don't know enough tech to know if the update really helped, or if I just got lucky with my pdf files, but I don't get the error at all now.
Bookatarian is offline   Reply With Quote