Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-07-2012, 01:02 PM   #1
ralphiedee
Zealot
ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.

Device: none
Kindle / Kindle Fire read Aloud epub support

I have a job coming up that requires me to convert a read aloud epub to Kindle / Kindle Fire format. I would think the read aloud would not be supported in regular Kindle but I need to know if the format is supported in Kindle Fire.

I already have a read aloud epub that I converted in the Kindle Previewer and it does not play at all as the text and images are misaligned as well. It is actually an Elisabeth Castro read aloud epub that I was trying to see work.

I do not want to take this job and then find out this format of read aloud cannot be read on a Kindle / Kindle Fire.

Anyone?

Ralph D.
ralphiedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:06 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
It will depend on whether the app you are using to read the epub supports text-to-speech.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2012, 02:16 PM   #3
ralphiedee
Zealot
ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.

Device: none
Using this method which is using the app called Ez Pub Creator

http://futurejones.com/easyepub/tuto...-highlighting/

or

the Elisabeth Castro tutorial on Read Aloud pubs. If you are not familiar with it, they are both very similar but the Ez Pub Method uses the read aloud voice from the mac where the Elizabeth Castro tute uses an audio file supplied with a voiceover. The EC book method also uses SMIL files.

Hope this helps with your answer.

Plz advize

RD
ralphiedee is offline   Reply With Quote