Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-30-2011, 09:03 PM   #256
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
I am a little saddened to see this rule as well. Now many of the very prolific freebies posters have disappeared. I depended on this site to filter out the freebies for me daily, and now those posters have stopped doing so because of the link rule.
I also don't see how it mattered in the case of free apps and books...

Am I being lazy? Perhaps. But some users were doing a great and very consistent job of parsing this stuff out daily and now we've lost that resource.
Dear Reading Attorney - that's a great summation. I agree fully. My visits to the site were in a large part encouraged by the easy to discern lists of free books. It was quick, easy and transparent from my perspective as a user.

The new method does not work well but I guess that's the way things are.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:16 PM   #257
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post
Books on the knob (Karen's) and DailyCheapReads are my very favorites, but there is one called Pixel of Ink and eFrugalreads -- Both Books on the Knob and Daily have reviews sometimes and I think efrugalreads does too.
Thanks I added them to my list! Karen's blog was how I found here. She's made alot of half cents from me.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2011, 09:17 PM   #258
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Books on the knob (Karen's) and DailyCheapReads are my very favorites, but there is one called Pixel of Ink and eFrugalreads -- Both Books on the Knob and Daily have reviews sometimes and I think efrugalreads does too.
I follow Books on the Knob & Pixel of Ink on Facebook, although with their changes I'm not sure if I'm getting all of the posts I should be getting.

Too many darn changes going on right now...
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:22 PM   #259
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
I follow Books on the Knob & Pixel of Ink on Facebook, although with their changes I'm not sure if I'm getting all of the posts I should be getting.

Put their pages in a list. That's what I do. I have one for Books and one for Authors, One for Family and one for just status updates. Before the new FB I was using Better Facebook to filter my posts but now Facebook does it for you.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:25 PM   #260
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Put their pages in a list. That's what I do. I have one for Books and one for Authors, One for Family and one for just status updates. Before the new FB I was using Better Facebook to filter my posts but now Facebook does it for you.
I tried that but none of my "Pages" came up on my list. I could only sort people.
Advert
Old 09-30-2011, 09:30 PM   #261
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
I tried that but none of my "Pages" came up on my list. I could only sort people.
The box that pops up when you edit a list, There a button at the tops that says Friends with a blue arrow by it. click that and you can choose your pages now.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:32 PM   #262
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
The box that pops up when you edit a list, There a button at the tops that says Friends with a blue arrow by it. click that and you can choose your pages now.
Thank You! Karma to you!!
Old 09-30-2011, 09:37 PM   #263
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Thank You! Karma to you!!
Welcome. If you need anything else. Feel free to PM me. I've lost count how many people I have helped since the Facebook changes. Now if only the unsub from comments/likes they would fix. Those are driving me crazy!
Old 09-30-2011, 09:45 PM   #264
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Quote:

That's one of the reasons I did the email sign up. It's easy and fast to scan. All in one place. If I don't want to read it, I can hit delete.

Facebook makes me crazy. Sometimes I see the things and others it's just one big fat mess. On the Pixel page there's sometimes a lot of other posts that have nothing to do with anything...meh. The email that Pixel puts out is a little messier than Karen's (between every book there's a line that says, 'Have you signed up for email delivery?' -- duh.) But it's also pretty consolidated.
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:47 PM   #265
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Oh--another really good way to get the updates from Knob and DailyCheapReads is through twitter. Those come in as the posts go up, but if you're on twitter, they're a quick update too. You can click on the "Bargains and Freebies" when it tweets through--I think Karen does that once a day or so. Takes you right to the list. Her blog also has a GREAT list of the special offers where you can keep track of whether you care about those or not.
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:49 PM   #266
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
That's one of the reasons I did the email sign up. It's easy and fast to scan. All in one place. If I don't want to read it, I can hit delete.

Facebook makes me crazy. Sometimes I see the things and others it's just one big fat mess. On the Pixel page there's sometimes a lot of other posts that have nothing to do with anything...meh. The email that Pixel puts out is a little messier than Karen's (between every book there's a line that says, 'Have you signed up for email delivery?' -- duh.) But it's also pretty consolidated.
I use RSS feeds for blogs Quick and you can skim easily. I use Firefox which has Live Links feature.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:50 PM   #267
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I just subscribe to the rss feed of several blogs. Then all the bargains just show up in my Feed Reader. No need to clutter up my email or even delete anything.

EDIT: As does Blossom apparently.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:51 PM   #268
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I just subscribe to the rss feed of several blogs. Then all the bargains just show up in my Feed Reader. No need to clutter up my email or even delete anything.
RSS feeds are the way to go!
Old 09-30-2011, 09:59 PM   #269
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
I use RSS feeds for blogs Quick and you can skim easily. I use Firefox which has Live Links feature.
Yep... I use Google Reader on the computer, and gReader on my phone. For me that's the best way to keep up with blogs, and twitter accounts I don't want to follow or add to a list.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:05 PM   #270
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
Yep... I use Google Reader on the computer, and gReader on my phone. For me that's the best way to keep up with blogs, and twitter accounts I don't want to follow or add to a list.
I tried google reader but I like how Live Bookmarks works. I just mouse over the bookmark and it gives me a list of title posts then if I mouse over one of them I can read the first paragraph. I use it with another extensions that highlights the new ones in orange and does a few other things.

It looks like when you click on a folder in your bookmarks and it shows what links are in that folder that's what Live Links looks like only they are RSS posts not bookmark links.