Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-04-2012, 02:13 PM   #301
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
If you define a suburb of about 60,000 in a metropolitan area of about 2.5 million as remote. :-)
I dunno. That seems pretty remote to me.

In my location, Amzn uses USPS, FedEx, UPS or Lasership, which I had never heard of before. Their tracking info isnt always current, but they deliver into the evening, even on Sunday. There is definitely room for that kind of svc in the internet shopping age. In 2012, I'm surprised Sundays are barely tapped into for revenue.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:13 PM   #302
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
I ordered within hours of availability. Cover and 3g non-SO. Two-day shipping.
Cover had delivery data Oct 31, PW on Oct 11.
The cover got shipped on Oct 2 and I got it on Oct 3.
The PW shipped last night and today is in town, out for delivery.
No idea why the 'two day shipping' is so fast. I am in Buffalo, NY.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:43 PM   #303
namebrandon
Connoisseur
namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: Kindle WiFi
Mine got bumped up as well.. Originally scheduled for 10/16, has now shipped and is coming 10/8 (Monday). I've had 'Prime' items get delivered on Saturday before, but guess the PW missed the window. Oh well, 8 days earlier than expected, I'm not complaining!
namebrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:58 PM   #304
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
My PW just arrived. I wish I had some time to play with it. Perhaps this weekend (only two days away).

I want to make firmware backup images before I configure it. It wants me to choose a language.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:18 PM   #305
ahintz
Zealot
ahintz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ahintz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ahintz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ahintz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle PW/iPhone5/iPad (3)/Nook ST
Well, I came late to the game - ordered mine Oct. 1 after reading the reviews. I've been using a Nook for the last couple of years (the original, and currently the simple touch), and before that had a couple of Sony Readers. Finally decided to give in to the Amazon ecosystem. If Whispersync actually works between the Kindle and my iPhone and iPad, it will be worth it.

I have a delivery estimates of October 25 (2-day prime shipping) for the WiFi Kindle Paperwhite and October 29 for the ink blue leather cover.
ahintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:30 PM   #306
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
I'm not liking what I am hearing abour FedEx Smartpost. They are supposed to deliver my baby on SATURDAY. What if I sit around all day for nothing?!

UPS don't even deliver here on Saturdays, so they better not pass this package on, with Monday being a holiday!! *freaking out*
I'm with twowheels: I also don't get how others are already days into using theirs being that I ordered as soon as it became available. That's just not fair.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:33 PM   #307
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
I'm not liking what I am hearing abour FedEx Smartpost. They are supposed to deliver my baby on SATURDAY. What if I sit around all day for nothing?!
The last stage of Smartpost is handled by USPS so if your Kindle shows it'll come with the rest of your mail (it won't be a FedEx delivery person).

Last edited by AnemicOak; 10-04-2012 at 07:50 PM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:49 PM   #308
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post

UPS don't even deliver here on Saturdays, so they better not pass this package on, with Monday being a holiday!! *freaking out*
I'm with twowheels: I also don't get how others are already days into using theirs being that I ordered as soon as it became available. That's just not fair.
You wait for it?
Damn, I didn't even consider that.
I am stuck at work. Apparently, my PW is sitting on my porch. Thanks, UPS.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:09 PM   #309
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by vxf View Post
You wait for it?
Damn, I didn't even consider that.
I am stuck at work. Apparently, my PW is sitting on my porch. Thanks, UPS.
My UPS guy wont leave anything unless signed for it. It sometimes a hassle when it's nothing important but it's a good thing when it's a Kindle or college textbooks.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:47 PM   #310
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Received Paperwhite NSO on Oct 4, 2012.

It still shows "Shipping Soon" delivery date Oct 11 on the order page.

Last edited by sirmaru; 10-04-2012 at 09:50 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:01 PM   #311
David58117
Groupie
David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, K4NT (To Wife), Nook ST, NSTG
I have some light leak with mine (about a half inch on the left side), so I called them today and am getting another one sent.

My order started today as the 17th as the soonest. It just switched to shipping soon and will arrive on the 9th..
David58117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:04 PM   #312
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by David58117 View Post
I have some light leak with mine (about a half inch on the left side), so I called them today and am getting another one sent.

My order started today as the 17th as the soonest. It just switched to shipping soon and will arrive on the 9th..
I saw someone post a video with the light leak on Amazon. It looks literally like some of the layer is missing when held so you can see under the glass.
This is bad quality control.

Last edited by Blossom; 10-04-2012 at 11:44 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:26 PM   #313
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by namebrandon View Post
Mine got bumped up as well.. Originally scheduled for 10/16, has now shipped and is coming 10/8 (Monday). I've had 'Prime' items get delivered on Saturday before, but guess the PW missed the window. Oh well, 8 days earlier than expected, I'm not complaining!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
Received Paperwhite NSO on Oct 4, 2012.

It still shows "Shipping Soon" delivery date Oct 11 on the order page.
Mine was originally scheduled for Oct. 17th, I have Prime Two Day shipping, so if it left yesterday, I'm hoping it will arrive tomorrow, even though they're telling me to expect it on the 8th. I would be surprised if I don't get it till Monday, especially since this company delivers on Sunday.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:24 PM   #314
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Within a few hours of receiving my Paperwhite, it is jailbroken and has hacks installed. The jailbreak for the K5 (touch) 5.1.x firmware works on the Paperwhite 5.2.0 firmware, as do some of the hacks (after repackaging for the PW). Thanks amazon!

Last edited by geekmaster; 10-04-2012 at 11:32 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:41 PM   #315
jswinden
Nameless Being

My replacement unit has shipped from NV and has an EDD of Oct 6. Hopefully better QC on this one. Since Amazon has what CS is calling a "Kindle Replacement Team" (per an email I received from CS) in place, I'm inclined to think there might be a whole lot more replacements being sent than I assumed. I agree with @Blossom that the QC on the PW must be really bad.