Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-03-2010, 12:38 PM   #91
anabelee
Zealot
anabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enough

Device: Woxter Scriba 150, pocketbook 360
Hey, it worked. I tried yesterday in two books, and seems to work. It's not a great dictionary, but will help while searching for any other better.

I included in the zip the morphems and the dict file, english-spanish. I hope will work to others.
Attached Files
File Type: zip dictionary eng-spa.zip (248.0 KB, 517 views)

Last edited by anabelee; 06-23-2010 at 12:17 PM. Reason: my bad grammar
anabelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:21 PM   #92
mysweety
Connoisseur
mysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the rough

Device: Hanlin V3, PB360
Has anyone seen a spa-spa dictionary - the ones mentioned by velaskara have been removed from rapidshare.
mysweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2010, 01:17 AM   #93
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysweety View Post
Has anyone seen a spa-spa dictionary - the ones mentioned by velaskara have been removed from rapidshare.
PM velaskara. I guess (s)he will like to send it to you.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:48 AM   #94
ninpuukamui
ninpuukamui has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ninpuukamui has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ninpuukamui has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ninpuukamui has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ninpuukamui has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook Opus
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysweety View Post
I just made one but I haven't tested it much. Let me know if you want it.
ninpuukamui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 12:49 PM   #95
Guus
Enthusiast
Guus will become famous soon enoughGuus will become famous soon enoughGuus will become famous soon enoughGuus will become famous soon enoughGuus will become famous soon enoughGuus will become famous soon enoughGuus will become famous soon enough

Device: Apple iPad 3G 64GB, iriver Story HD, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
User-created dictionaries are welcome and it's desirable if we can load them up here. The paid dictionaries supplied by Lingvo are only one choice, and if we users can develop other alternatives, Pocketbook is to accept them.
An English Dutch dictionary, converted, so ready to use, working on my PB302.

It is open source (XDXF Dictionaries) and converted.
Attached Files
File Type: tar dict.tar (130.5 KB, 622 views)

Last edited by Guus; 08-31-2010 at 01:24 AM.
Guus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2010, 02:21 PM   #96
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Thanks for the help!
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 07:19 AM   #97
carlgira
carlgira began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 301+
Share this dictionary with you. Its the babylon french-English dictionary in .dic format for the pocketbook. The transformation wasn´t easy, and i have to erase 2000 words from the 84000 that have.
The link to download.
http://www.zumodrive.com/share/74TUNjI1OW
carlgira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:19 AM   #98
Schnitzelbrain
Groupie
Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlgira View Post
Share this dictionary with you. Its the babylon french-English dictionary in .dic format for the pocketbook. The transformation wasn´t easy, and i have to erase 2000 words from the 84000 that have.
The link to download.
http://www.zumodrive.com/share/74TUNjI1OW
why did u have to erase them ?
Schnitzelbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 01:15 AM   #99
mdmorrissey
Addict
mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PocketBook 360
Still waiting for the Italian-English, or have I missed it?
mdmorrissey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 03:21 AM   #100
carlgira
carlgira began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 301+
I got the stardict version of the dictionary. First I transformed to a, "Tab Separated" file with the stardict-editor. Later i made a program in java, to create a xdxf file, from de "Tab separated file". The problem that i found, its that the stardict file wasn´t in a standart format, so my xdxf has problem too. When I try to convert from xdxf to dic format (pocketbook format), found "Format errors" because the xdxf wasn´t well constructed. Like i wasn´t going to read all the file (line by line), i prefer to erase those lines on the xdxf (on the java program), so i can transform it correctly to .dic format.
carlgira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 03:44 AM   #101
Schnitzelbrain
Groupie
Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux
Quote:
I got the stardict version of the dictionary. First I transformed to a, "Tab Separated" file with the stardict-editor. Later i made a program in java, to create a xdxf file, from de "Tab separated file". The problem that i found, its that the stardict file wasn´t in a standart format, so my xdxf has problem too. When I try to convert from xdxf to dic format (pocketbook format), found "Format errors" because the xdxf wasn´t well constructed. Like i wasn´t going to read all the file (line by line), i prefer to erase those lines on the xdxf (on the java program), so i can transform it correctly to .dic format.
Ok, that makes sense. THX for the answer.
Schnitzelbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 04:24 AM   #102
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
¿Could you release the java program? It would be good so that others can try and convert other xdxf dictionaries as well. Even if something goes raw, losing less than 5% of the dictionary is much better than not having any dictionary at all

Last edited by Logseman; 08-31-2010 at 04:27 AM.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:50 AM   #103
Vienna01
Old Dog Learns New Tricks
Vienna01 doesn't litterVienna01 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-500,PocketBook 301, Sony 650
Dictionary Problems PB 301 vER 15.1

Using Merriam Websters Collegiate 11 [EN-EN] Dictionary.
I get definitions for very simple words such as "note" "help" 'Give" etc but can't find definitions for more complex words such as "ethnic" just says "word not found'. What am I doing wrong?
I am accessing the dictionary by pressing center button of key.

Also I don't know what the 5 SYMBOLS/icons mean [(1)backwards E, (2)5 row listing icon, (3) arrow pointing to dotted box, (4)Five little bricks, 6(two diagonal arrows)|

OBW: Ready to Spring for new SONY 6" reader to replace mye

Last edited by Vienna01; 09-08-2010 at 11:53 AM.
Vienna01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:59 AM   #104
Logseman
Orisa

3) is the first place you get to when you summon the dictionary and press OK.
That way you'll access to the other 4 keys

1) Leaves the dictionary;

2) brings up an alphabetically ordered list of terms, starting from the term which is highlighted. You can scroll to these other terms.

E.G if the highlighted term is "lover", you'll find a list where "Lover" is highlighted, and above it you'll find terms which precede it alphabetically like "love", "lousy", etc. and below you'll find terms which come after it like "loving", "low", and so on.

4) summons a keyboard where you can type other words.

5) summons the list of currently installed dictionaries, so you can switch dictionaries while you're reading. That's useful E.G when you're reading an novel from the 19th century, you'll want to move from a modern one to the old 1913 dictionary which gives you a closer context to the word.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:04 PM   #105
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Edit: Logseman obviously doesn't need to have a look at his device so he beat me with the answer ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vienna01 View Post
(1)backwards E,
(2)5 row listing icon,
(3) arrow pointing to dotted box,
(4)Five little bricks,
6(two diagonal arrows)|
You press OK to get to this menu
(1) Exit dictionary (when you got to this menu By pressing OK in dictionary mode)
(2) show one definition per line, so you can scroll to similar word
(3) show detailed definition (and OK pressed here returns cursor to the text, so you can scroll to other word.
(4) plus press OK gives you keyboard so you can search dictionary (or correct word under cursor and search the corrected word)
(5) (two strange diagonal arrows) select different dictionary. You might be surprised to find out you have more than one dictionary.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote