Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 01-03-2010, 09:53 PM   #1
Tom2112
Tablet eReader
Tom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 7, iPad, Dell Streak 7, Moto RAZR MAXX
Mass Converting LIT, RTF, & PDF to ePUB

I've got a couple thousand ebooks in varying formats, mostly LIT, RTF and PDF, that I want to convert to ePUB.

I've messed with Calibre's command line util ebook-convert.exe, but it doesn't seem to be the best way to batch convert a large number of files.

Any suggestions for a better way?
Tom2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 04:28 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
That is the best way.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2010, 08:27 PM   #3
Tom2112
Tablet eReader
Tom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTom2112 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Oh fun! I guess I'll be coding a nice Powershell script to run all the command line entries.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:57 AM   #4
rogue_ronin
Banned
rogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nokia 770 (fbreader)
Why not just use the Calibre GUI?

Import your books in whatever format that they're in now, then select all the imports and convert to ePub. Then delete any formats that you don't want.

Simple enough.

m a r
rogue_ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 12:27 PM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Is there any particular reason that you have to convert them all at once? Why not just convert them as you wish to read them? I agree that Calibre is the best way to do it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2010, 02:35 PM   #6
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Calibre's GUI can batch convert, if memory serves.
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 07:07 PM   #7
Shemmy
Shemmy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300; Samsung Omnia II
I have a ton of .lit files that I'm converting in segments to ePub in anticipation of my PRS-300's arrival. Calibre's GUI, as others have mentioned, handles this exceptionally - not just for batch conversions, but also for the ability to remove all file types except for ePub (or whichever you want to keep).
Shemmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 02:45 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Be careful about converting in advance without being able to see the result. Eg, are you allowing an adequate right margin, such that the ePub page number does not overlap the text? A 13pt margin suffices for this.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 01:14 AM   #9
Tom2112
Tablet eReader

Well, until Kovid added the save directory and file name configuration, I was avoiding adding them into the GUI because renaming them would be a big hassle. Now I think I'll just pull them into the GUI.

As for why I want to convert them all now, it's because I bought a reader for my sister and I want to put a bunch of books on it for her before it gets shipped over seas to her.