Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-11-2009, 01:28 PM   #1
Virag
Virag began at the beginning.

Device: ipaq handheld, laptop, Sony prs 505, iPhone
Taking pics off reader when the Sony software won't open?

Hi, last week I received my first Sony Ereader and have happily loaded it with plenty of books. I've primarily been using Calibre but wanted to put pics on it so I opened it last night. Lots of covers were downloaded somehow without me trying onto the reader. Today I decided to open the program to try and purge these pics off my reader and it will not open at all. Could anyone help guide me on what to do? I'm using Calibre for the books but haven't figured out any options for pics with it yet. Virag
Virag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 01:43 PM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Did you click "my computer" and open the USB drive? That will get you inside the machine.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2009, 02:17 PM   #3
Virag

I will try that right now. I'm absolutely perplexed as to why that software would suddenly quit working after having no problems for months (previous to getting a device).

I tried that but strangely the 18 pictures---15 of which are book covers I did not load into pictures, would not come up but when I unplug they show back up on the reader. Bizarre.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:27 PM   #4
Virag

It worked, thank you! The pictures were under digital editions, media. Thanks! Now to figure out why the sony software refuses to come up!
Old 05-11-2009, 02:28 PM   #5
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Deleted because I was still giving advice to godelocs about his/her EBW1150, got myself tangled up in the threads. Oops!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2009, 03:02 PM   #6
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
That recently happened to me and I was able to fix it by clearing the "Local Settings" folders mentioned here, but it does clear your PC authorizations, so is a bit of a last resort...
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:00 PM   #7
Virag

Thanks!