Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-17-2014, 04:52 PM   #1
pocketklaus
pocketklaus began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook623
Pocketbook 623 dropbbox problem

Hi,
I'm using a Pocketbook 623 with the latest software 4.4.614. The dropbox feature is not working: I can login to dropbox via the built-in browser but afterwards I can't see any dirs or files in dropbox, no pocketbook dir is created, and there is no option to sync or logout.

For some reason I don't have the file "libdropbox_client.so". Any ideas what could cause the problem? If somebody could send me their file I could try to copy it to my pocketbook manually.

Regards, Klaus
pocketklaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 05:11 PM   #2
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
The libdropbox_client.so file is supposed to be in /ebrmain/cramfs/lib/, which you don't have write access to. So, even if you got a copy, you wouldn't be able to put it there. I've looked inside the 4.4.180 firmware, and libdropbox_client.so is definitely in there. Perhaps the library is in the right place on your device, but the application doesn't link to it?
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2014, 06:01 AM   #3
pocketklaus

thanks for your answer.
I will have a look at it. I also downgraded to 4.4.418 and even to 4.3 but the problem is still the same. Is there any special setting that might be wrong?
Old 11-19-2014, 05:21 AM   #4
pocketklaus

Hi, the libdropbox_client does not seem to be the problem.
When I log in for dropbox for the first time I see the normal dropbox website in the webbrowser. After After login the dropbox app on the pocketbook shows an empty page. The "dropbox pocketbook" in the dropbox dir will not be created. the local dir in the library is created. The option to sync this folder does not appear in the context menu.

Tags
pocketbook 623 dropbbox