Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-30-2010, 07:32 AM   #1
Maggie-Me
Zealot
Maggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with others

Device: Kindle PW,Sony 700, Sony 950 (Daily Edition),Nook Color,iPad
Sony Reader eBook Software ReSet....

Sony Reader eBook Software ReSet....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just for conversation... I deleted the book but..

Have you ever loaded a ePub (or any other book) to your reader and when you open the book on the reader it causes a reset and a restart?

Must be some kind of code in the html that does it?
Maggie-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:31 AM   #2
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Something in the particular ebook you loaded was probably causing the reboot. I've had it happen to me once or twice and it may very well be some html code that causes the problem.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2010, 11:35 AM   #3
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Yes, I have had this problem a few times, mostly with EPUB files that I created from instapaper.com news service. Instapaper compiles articles from various websites into one EPUB. It's sort of like the calibre Fetch News service. When this happens, I have to go through each article in the EPUB and figure out which one was the offender to cause the crash/reboot. Delete the reference to that article, recreate the EPUB and then it is fine. So I think it must be something in the code that causes this problem with certain EPUBs. I haven't been able to isolate "what" though.

EDIT: I have noticed that books that reboot my 950 also crash Reader Library. The same book can be read just fine in calibre.

Last edited by Bookworm_Girl; 12-30-2010 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Added more info
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote