Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-30-2010, 06:40 AM   #151
Bittybye
Addict
Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
*ahem*

As far as I can see, B&N does NOT sell e-books to Canadian addresses. So, it might be "fun" to find a trick bypass the "US only" restrictions B&N applies to the Nook, the next step -- buying books -- requires a similar trick: ongoing use of a US resident credit card.

And, isn't B&N the company which requires you to provide a credit card number as part of the unlocking DRM code?

Until B&N is willing to sell the device and e-books outside the US, it's really best to give them a pass if you are a full-time resident outside of the US. And wait until another provider offers wifi on an e-reader if that is such a tasty addition.

SP
In Toronto
Kobo books work on a Nook. And usually what I do is buy from other sources that sell non DRM ebooks like in HTML or PDF and convert to epub. So far I haven't bought a single book from Kobo.

Also 95% of what I have on my Kobo is personal documents that I want to be able to read when at the hospital to make notes on then change when I get home on my computer.
Bittybye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 12:13 PM   #152
al3ph
al3ph began at the beginning.

Device: prs-500
No refund here either, and they don`t seem to respond to emails at service@barnesandnoble.com, or the help emailer on their website. bunch of idiots.
al3ph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:47 PM   #153
Silentsafari
Silentsafari began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2i
I just got email from B&N:

Thank you for your inquiry regarding order #********. <---- numbers here

We have refunded the amount of $149.00, plus tax if applicable, to the
payment method used for this order on June 25. If you used a credit
card, the refund will appear on your statement in the next 1 or 2
billing cycles, depending on your bank's processing cut-offs. If you
used a Gift Card, the funds are again available for your use.

Please note that when both a gift card and credit card are used to pay
for an order, the gift card is debited as the first form of payment and
any remaining balance is then charged to the credit card. Barnes &
Noble's refund policy is to credit the credit card prior to the gift
card(s).

Visit www.bn.com and click on the options that appear in the upper
right-hand corner to view information about your order.

We look forward to your next visit.

Sincerely,

Karen

---> Now I have only to wait their refund to appear on my bank account. I order Kindle 2i couple days ago and now it's in the Germany
Silentsafari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 06:44 AM   #154
Shadar
Shadar began at the beginning.

Device: Nook (possibly...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by al3ph View Post
No refund here either, and they don`t seem to respond to emails at service@barnesandnoble.com, or the help emailer on their website. bunch of idiots.
Too true. I have spent over an hour in total after three calls to what they seem to think is a "customer service" line.
I was promised a call back within 24 hours, and after 48 called them back only to be told that there was nothing they could do and that I should raise it with PayPal...after I explained to them that I already had and no refund had been initiated for the price of the device against my account.

I used the email-form|null to warn them that I will have to raise it as a dispute if they don't get back to me today - I'm just glad I used PayPal and have a relatively easy, if slow, way to get my money back. Personally I hope the PayPal fees they get charged for a dispute are extortionate.
Shadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 09:10 AM   #155
firefox
MR Gen Z Representative
firefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enough

Device: Barnes & Noble NOOKclassic
Okay just got a similar email to SilentSafari...
Well at least I now have a firm time as to be buying another nook
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 01:36 PM   #156
thefozz
thefozz began at the beginning.

Device: nook Wi-Fi
Just received my nook Wi-Fi in Canada today, so I guess some of the international orders still made it out!
thefozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 02:47 PM   #157
bot
bot began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefozz View Post
Just received my nook Wi-Fi in Canada today, so I guess some of the international orders still made it out!
Did you by any chance get the cancellation emails?
bot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 04:01 PM   #158
thefozz
thefozz began at the beginning.

Device: nook Wi-Fi
Quote:
Originally Posted by bot View Post
Did you by any chance get the cancellation emails?
No cancellation emails. Just three emails: one confirming my order, one stating that my order was ready to ship, and one confirming that it had in fact been shipped.

I ordered with a Canadian credit card, Canadian billing address, and Canadian shipping address.
thefozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 05:51 PM   #159
firefox
MR Gen Z Representative
firefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enough

proof? =/
Old 07-07-2010, 04:42 AM   #160
firefox
MR Gen Z Representative

sorry for bumping, just wondering if anyone has received further correspondence from B&N.
Me? Well I gave up on just emails and used skype to call them several times
I got bounced from B&N to Paypal, and then back to B&N who said something along the lines of a refund being issued the night I called B&N initially.
I am rather confused that they told me to go to paypal yet still issued another refund.
It has yet to come, somewhat fair enough considering they had the holiday weekend. But if I don't get something by tomorrow morning Australian time I'm opening a dispute via PayPal.
This whole situation has become rather a big headache, just to try to save a few bucks and time
Old 07-07-2010, 05:12 AM   #161
afa
The Forgotten
afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; Nook HD; Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
That's unfortunate. I didn't really have as serious as any issue as you.

My initial order was cancelled, and after a few days I saw that my PayPal status was still "Pending". So I just wrote to PayPal customer service (I didn't raise a dispute; was hoping it would be resolved in a simpler fashion) and told them that transaction number so and so made on this date was cancelled by B&N, but my status is still "Pending" so could you clarify. A few days later I got an email from PayPal customer service that they had cancelled the transaction in question. I just received my latest updated credit card statement, and the cancelled charge is indeed not there.

I don't know if that will work for you, since your situation seems more complicated, but it worked for me.
afa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:23 AM   #162
harakka
harakka began at the beginning.

Device: Nook...?
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox View Post
sorry for bumping, just wondering if anyone has received further correspondence from B&N.
Me? Well I gave up on just emails and used skype to call them several times
I got bounced from B&N to Paypal, and then back to B&N who said something along the lines of a refund being issued the night I called B&N initially.
I am rather confused that they told me to go to paypal yet still issued another refund.
It has yet to come, somewhat fair enough considering they had the holiday weekend. But if I don't get something by tomorrow morning Australian time I'm opening a dispute via PayPal.
This whole situation has become rather a big headache, just to try to save a few bucks and time
I'm kind on a similar situation as you are but I opened a dispute to B&N as soon as the whole stupid situation started to happen (so like 2 weeks ago).
I gave B&N a call and they confirmed they had made the full refund to my Paypal account, so I called Paypal and asked them about the situation. Their answer was that they couldn't see any trace of B&N refunding anything to my account and that I should wait for Paypal to investigate on the situation (based on my dispute). According to the status on my case, Paypal will make a decision by the 16th of July. I will keep you posted on the outcome...

Cheers
harakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:03 AM   #163
bot
bot began at the beginning.

Device: nook
I do not know where everyone lives but I live in Toronto and I asked why my order status was still "Shipped" in my BB account.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Barnes & Noble regarding your order #.

We are pleased to inform you that your order was shipped on time. Order
# shipped on 6/23/10 via Canada Post. This shipping method
usually takes 5-11 business days. We anticipate delivery of your order
on or around 7/13/10

Please disregard the email stating we were canceling your order.

I guess ill be asking for my refund if I dont see it after the 13th (which is like 20 days...)
bot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:27 PM   #164
Silentsafari
Silentsafari began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2i
Yeehaa!!! B&N sent money (149$) to my PayPal account today. I was so happy to see refund in there.

Anybody else have the same situation?
Silentsafari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 09:29 AM   #165
usualsuspect
usualsuspect began at the beginning.

Device: ipod touch, Archos 101, ZTE Blade
still....

I still haven't received my full refund and I got an email from B&N saying that they have fully paid me but I still haven't been paid the shipping amount. I wont call them as I don't use skype. Anyone else that hasn't been fully refunded, just ask your bank to look into it. Its not worth the hassle as paypal and B&N will probably start blaming each other.

Also is it possible for this thread to be renamed "Nook not available internationally"?

Last edited by usualsuspect; 07-10-2010 at 09:35 AM.
usualsuspect is offline   Reply With Quote