Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-06-2013, 01:25 PM   #241
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Location: France, languages : french and a little bit english.
Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD
Thanks guys for your warning about this little bug with low light settings ... I was ready to install the FW 2.10 but I'm going to wait a solution.

Yoq, have you try to use FW 2.10 + night mode patch + 33k Resistor ?
akorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:34 AM   #242
kevenv
Enthusiast
kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinShort View Post
I have the same problem on my Glo, so it's not just you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akorx View Post
Thanks guys for your warning about this little bug with low light settings ... I was ready to install the FW 2.10 but I'm going to wait a solution.

Yoq, have you try to use FW 2.10 + night mode patch + 33k Resistor ?
I don't have this bug on my glo with 2.10. As a matter of fact, I have never had this bug on my glo under any firmware. My setting is at 3% and stays there regardless of how it sleeps / turns off.
kevenv is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2013, 11:56 AM   #243
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo
I didn't have this bug until I upgraded to 2.10.
KevinShort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 01:07 PM   #244
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Quote:
I didn't have this bug until I upgraded to 2.10.
Hi Kevinshort,

Do you use an additionnal resistor like me or Yoq ?
Old 11-07-2013, 02:14 PM   #245
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo
Nope, I'm not using any additional resistor.
KevinShort is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2013, 01:40 PM   #246
akorx
Addict

Quote:
Nope, I'm not using any additional resistor.
Ok thank you for your reply, so I will wait a test from Yoq cause he uses a resistor with his kobo... in french we have an expression for the fact to wait a test from a person : we say Yoq will be my "cobaye" but I don't know how you say it in english : "Yoq will be my Guinea pig" !?

Last edited by akorx; 11-14-2013 at 05:02 AM.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:08 PM   #247
linux1999
linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Aura One
For those that wonder build 9 works on Glo with firmware 3.0.0.
Now I'll go back hoping for a release working on Aura too someday...
linux1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 06:23 PM   #248
akorx
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by linux1999 View Post
For those that wonder build 9 works on Glo with firmware 3.0.0.
Now I'll go back hoping for a release working on Aura too someday...
I've tested too this FW 3.0.0 with my Glo + NightMode v9 + resistor and ALL IS OK, except the new little bug that resets light to 1% each time I de/activate the night mode or restart completly my device, but I think Yoq will find a way to correct it !

The solution given by ExistenZ in post #239 is a good solution against this litlle bug :

The solution is to manually change the value of FrontLightLevel= in .kobo/Kobo/Kobo eReader.conf from 1 to 2 ore whatever you like. ... I've set it to "4" because it's the default value that I use.

NB : the "bookmarks menu that doesn't work with main memory" is still there with FW 3.0.0...

Thanks guys !

Last edited by akorx; 11-17-2013 at 05:28 PM.
Old 11-20-2013, 12:55 AM   #249
timwillhack
timwillhack began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura & Mini
Tried this on Aura (I believe Mark 5 Hardware?) (non HD). Stock firmware for me was 2.8.0, dated 7/12/13. The Nite Mode on this device does not work up until today on a attached file. Going to try the latest build from the (but I think its the same file)

-EDIT- confirmed github release also does not work on 2.8.0 and 2.10.0. It tries to work and does take over the page refresh rate and when it is enabled and disabled by holding the power button the screen flickers for a second (possibly because of the 0,0,1,1 refresh?) I figured I'd pipe in here in case there was something I could do to help out such as a configuration item to enable logging to a file. I am too lazy to boot up linux and mount the FS looking for a debug dump (if there even is one)

Last edited by timwillhack; 11-21-2013 at 03:57 AM.
timwillhack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:29 AM   #250
akorx
Addict

Quote:
The solution is to manually change the value of FrontLightLevel= in .kobo/Kobo/Kobo eReader.conf from 1 to 2 ore whatever you like.
!
It doesn't work ! each time I start or stop light, the setting is back to 1% !

Where does this bug come from : "night mode with FW 3.0.0" or only "FW 3.0.0" ?

Last edited by akorx; 11-21-2013 at 08:33 AM.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:40 AM   #251
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
It doesn't work ! each time I start or stop light, the setting is back to 1% !
Did you adjust the light level? If you edit the conf file and set the level to 2, the light will come on. If you adjust the light level through the dialog, it will get set back to 1.
Quote:
Where does this bug come from : "night mode with FW 3.0.0" or only "FW 3.0.0" ?
It is a bug in firmware 3.0.0.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:58 AM   #252
akorx
Addict

I don't understand : in mine ".kobo/Kobo/Kobo eReader.conf", I've set : FrontLightLevel= "4". When I start or stop my kobo, without move the light cursor it's OK, but if I'm move the cursor of light, each time I start or stop my kobo the setting come back to "1" in this file !

We can think that when we move the light level something updates the value of "FrontLightLevel" in .kobo/Kobo/Kobo eReader.conf !

I've warned developpers here : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...185660&page=44

Last edited by akorx; 11-21-2013 at 12:00 PM.
Old 11-21-2013, 05:33 PM   #253
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
There are two light related bugs in the 3.0.0 firmware.

Firstly, if the light level is set to 1, the light does not turn on when the button is pressed. The icon is shown and when pressed, the light level control is shown. When the level is changed, the light comes on.

The second bug is in the light control. When the level is set to a value less than 10, when the control is closed, it stores the value "1".

To workaround these problems, you can edit the file "Kobo eReader.conf" and set the value there. If you set it to 2 or higher, the light will come on. And as long as you do not open the light level control, it will not change. As soon as you open the control, the value will get changed. It happens whether you make a change or not.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:49 PM   #254
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
Build9 works just fine on Kobo Aura HD with firmware 2.10.0.

(Man, I wish the regular Kobo Aura supported this!)

I *love* this hack!

Rob
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:11 AM   #255
ordonez31
ordonez31 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Can we more decrease the light? (With a tweak, or edit a file on Aura HD)
At 1%, with night mode, to my point of view the light is a bit strong in the dark.
ordonez31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
glo, hack, mini, night mode, touch