Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 10-02-2011, 03:41 PM   #1
jswinden
Nameless Being

eReader apps in Amazon Store which hopefully will install on KFire

I spent a little time searching through the Amazon Appstore for eBook reader apps. I have no idea whether Amazon will allow any of these to be installed on the Kindle Fire, other than the Kindle app, but it will be great if they do. Here is the list of apps I've located so far. I left out any minor players.
  • Aldiko
  • Djenne Book Reader
  • gBook eReader
  • Gutenberg eReader
  • Kindle
  • Kobo
  • Mantano
  • Moon+ Reader

Last edited by jswinden; 10-02-2011 at 03:44 PM.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:50 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I've changed the thread title to "... install ON KFire" which I assume is what was intended?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 05:41 PM   #3
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Mantano is my favorite. Cool Reader would be second but it's not in the Amazon market I don't think. They are both epub readers.

You can download apk for Cool Reader from it's homepage so it can be sideloaded if that is allowed on the Fire.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 05:48 PM   #4
jswinden
Nameless Being

Thanks Harry, that does convey the meaning in a more proper way.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:41 PM   #5
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Although Amazon VP (forget his name) said KF would have 'great' PDF support (presumably to support the new Kindle 'fixed layout' format), I'd like to see ezPDF so you can do 'real' PDF annotations. It's in the AAS I believe. Aldiko/Mantano do PDF annotations but they are (I think) XML files and not something Acrobat etc. deals with.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote