Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-13-2009, 10:08 AM   #16
cypherslock
Groupie
cypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
I do too. but when we go out in public I have a cover. it is easy to flip it open and read when/wherever and not have to juggle with the sleeve. it also makes it possible to kind of hide what you are doing if you are in one of "those" situations
Dude. I want your Avatar.....That would be a nice NICE Christmas present, I'd so unwrap that (the girl not rockband LOL). I'm thinking of getting the m-edge flip style case so I can stand the K2 up. Granted I've not actually GOT the K2 yet, but I'm certain it is a Christmas gift this year....
cypherslock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 03:31 AM   #17
eboyhan
PandaMuse
eboyhan doesn't littereboyhan doesn't litter

Device: kindle dx, kindle touch SO, kindle fire, kindle fire hd8.9
i have the m-edge touring sleeve in yellow for when i'm transporting KDX around in a pile of papers/folders or in a briefcase. I also have skins and a screen protector to protect and personalize my KDX while I'm actually using it. These latter two I got from decalgirl.com -- as they have a good selection and amazon (nor anybody else that I could find) doesn't. Hope this helps.
eboyhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 11:58 AM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by eboyhan View Post
i have the m-edge touring sleeve in yellow for when i'm transporting KDX around in a pile of papers/folders or in a briefcase. I also have skins and a screen protector to protect and personalize my KDX while I'm actually using it. These latter two I got from decalgirl.com -- as they have a good selection and amazon (nor anybody else that I could find) doesn't. Hope this helps.
Do you have a cover for the DX? If not, you'll need to get one. Sure, the sleeve will protect the DX while you transport it, but it won't protect it while you use it. A cover will be on the DX when it's not in the sleeve and if the sleeve does not fit the DX with a cover, return the sleeve as you will be taking more risk with the sleeve then a cover.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 04:05 PM   #19
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
My gf has an M-edge, and I think its preferrable over amazon's.
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:42 AM   #20
vizardholland
vizardholland began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I currently have the amazon leather cover (link provided previously) and am now seriously contemplating the m-edge Go for one main reason - the straps that secure the k2 on the right side.

Both covers have the same left side securing device, the proprietary metallic latch/clip that locks the k2 onto the cover. However, the amazon cover doesn't have the 2 rubber straps on the right. This means there's a tendency for people to attempt to open the rear cover FROM the k2, eg when the k2 is secured to the amazon cover and a person's trying to read the serial ID from the back of the k2. Now this cannot be done - the propertaory latch/clip prevents it. But what it DOES do, when the rear cover is moved away from the k2 back, is to put an amount of stress on the latch/clip and the holes they go into on the k2.

Over time, I worry that the holes where the latch and clip goes into will crack, thus damaging the k2. This has been reported by other users (I think in some of the reviews posted on the amazon leather cover).

I'd suggest getting a cover that can secure the k2 on both left and right side.
vizardholland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:57 PM   #21
rambo47
Kindleer
rambo47 doesn't litterrambo47 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
Another vote for the M-Edge Go here. Superior protection, and it looks nice in brown leather.
rambo47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:07 PM   #22
time4mercy
time4mercy doesn't littertime4mercy doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2 Int'l
Got my M-Edge Go (purple) yesterday, and it's gorgeous. The Kindle fits into it very snugly and securely.

If I were still a major public transit etc. commuter, I would probably have gone with the extra protection (zipper) of the Latitude, but for my purposes it's great.
time4mercy is offline   Reply With Quote