Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-14-2011, 08:10 AM   #1
dwallace115
dwallace115 began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Nook / Calibre news saved to main memory and not SD Card

I've been using my Nook since the fall last year, and the news channels always saved to the SD card automatically. With the last update of Calibre (7.45) something changed, and now the news goes to the main library. I can't find the setting or understand the tutorial for changing this back. If someone knows how to get the default save location back to the SD card, I would very much appreciate hearing from you. Right now, the only way I can apparently get the news on the SD card and out of main memory is to 1)save it to the library, send from the library to the SD card, and then erase the items from the main memory and library. The prior setup was much preferred where it saved it to the SD card, and never saved it to the library or main memory. Thank you in advance for any assistance.

regards,
Doug
dwallace115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:46 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can't, see http://bugs.calibre-ebook.com/ticket/8877
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2011, 09:50 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwallace115 View Post
Right now, the only way I can apparently get the news on the SD card and out of main memory is to 1)save it to the library, send from the library to the SD card, and then erase the items from the main memory and library.
There is no reason for the book to be in main memory on your device. Under Preferences - Behavior uncheck automatically send downloaded news to the ebook reader. You will have to send it manually from now on.

The only thing that changed is the preference for main memory on autosend and not the largest amount of space available. The folks that wanted it in main memory have been doing it manually all this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwallace115 View Post
The prior setup was much preferred where it saved it to the SD card, and never saved it to the library or main memory.
It always saved it to the library. This saved entry was deleted after it sent the book to the device because under Preferences - Behavior you had it set to delete the book after it sent it to your device.

The only reason it is being sent to main memory is because you still have it set up to automatically send downloaded news to the ebook reader, uncheck this and do it manually if you must have the news on the sd card.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:01 AM   #4
dwallace115
dwallace115 began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Thanks to both for the reply. I'll make the requsite changes in the setup and transfer manually to the SD card.

Regards,
Doug
dwallace115 is offline   Reply With Quote