Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 08-06-2015, 04:13 AM   #31
ArtaTechPoland
Banned
ArtaTechPoland has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ArtaTechPoland has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ArtaTechPoland has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: inkBOOK
Quote:
Originally Posted by helen19770707 View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAlq2CVmS6o
oh, InkBook Light Problem....
the guy said :"I received a reply that all InkBooki Onyx have "such a feature."
The problem seems serious.
Hello,

we investigate each case individually, and we are in contact with the mentioned customer.

Let me know if you have any and concerns about inkBOOK Onyx. I would be happy to help you further!
ArtaTechPoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 08:48 PM   #32
mising
Enthusiast
mising began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx InkBook, Kindle Oasis, Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtaTechPoland View Post
Hello everyone!

I'd be glad to answer all your questions about inkBOOK Onyx with E Ink Carta display.
Will Google Play be available for this device soon in an update?
I have tried installing it manually but have been unsuccessful. I have a lot of books that I had purchased from Google and so far they are unreadable on this without access to Google Play. This device was sent to me because I barely missed purchasing the Afterglow 2 which did have Google Play. I am quite satisfied with nearly everything else on this device.

The only other thing I can think of would be to link the backlight to one of the hardware buttons. Trying to turn on the backlight if it is dark is a hit and miss affair without it.

edit: Nevermind on the backlight, I just found out that long-pressing the refresh button toggles it!

Thank you

Last edited by mising; 10-17-2015 at 09:15 PM. Reason: update
mising is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2015, 06:29 AM   #33
ArtaTechPoland
Banned
ArtaTechPoland has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ArtaTechPoland has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ArtaTechPoland has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: inkBOOK
mising,

All the necessary applications are available in Midiapolis App Store. You can also install them manually, from your computer, using the USB cable.
Google Play Store won’t be available for inkBOOK Onyx. Books bought from Google Play should be uploaded to your inkBOOK Onyx from your computer, using the USB cable.

It’s nice to hear that you are satisfied with our e-book reader!
If you have any further questions, feel free to ask!
ArtaTechPoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 01:44 PM   #34
mising
Enthusiast

Quote:
mising,

All the necessary applications are available in Midiapolis App Store. You can also install them manually, from your computer, using the USB cable.
Google Play Store won’t be available for inkBOOK Onyx. Books bought from Google Play should be uploaded to your inkBOOK Onyx from your computer, using the USB cable.

Unfortunately, the books from Google Play are not downloadable and can only be read with the Play Books app. And as far as other apps being available, many of my reading apps are the "Pro" versions which I had paid for via Google; so now I am going to have to re-purchase them through Midiapolis along with all of my books? I was originally attempting to purchase the Afterglow 2 for this reason specifically and audio which this one does not have either. Will the next version of e-reader you put out have Google Play and audio? I really need it as I cannot justify having to repurchase all my apps and books again through another store. I may be sending it back any way because I have a ticket open right now because the last update has it stuck in a bootloop. Are there any Afterglow 2 available yet either new or as refurbs?

Thank you

Last edited by mising; 10-19-2015 at 02:09 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-20-2015, 12:48 PM   #35
mising
Enthusiast

My Inkbook has been stuck in a bootloop for 2 days now after applying the latest update from their site https://onyx-boox.com/support/firmware-android/.
I followed the directions exactly, and it worked until the second update.zip install. It stated it was installed and will now reboot, but has been stuck on the loading screen ever since.
I submitted a ticket to Onyx, but the only response I have received so far is to ask if the device was plugged in for the update (yes, it was).
Does anyone have any ideas on how to recover it?

Thank you
Advert
Old 10-24-2015, 12:27 AM   #36
mising
Enthusiast

Quote:
mising,

I am still waiting for a fix on my boot-looped ereader. They did get me out of the boot loop and into the recovery screen, so that is progress.

But I did figure out how to download my books from Google Play on the web. I guess my browser was acting up because previously when I clicked the three dot menu on a book, it only gave me the option to delete; now I get a choice to download as an epub or pdf!

Just looking forward to being able to use my InkBook again.
Old 10-29-2015, 11:29 AM   #37
mising
Enthusiast

Unfortunately, the only way ArtaTech can help me is to send the device back and pay for the shipping myself! Considering that it is going to cost over $100.00 for shipping, I guess I am stuck with trying to fix it myself or buy another device from somewhere else and risk the same lack of support.

It is pretty sad that a manufacturer won't stand behind their devices especially when it is their software update that caused the issue. They even accused me of tampering with the software. Regardless, I definitely know where my next device will NOT be purchased from. Any other company I have had a faulty device with took care of me within a week.

I have been reading the Kitchen forum and it seems like a fairly straight forward procedure to reflash a device image, so since ArtTech won't help out a new customer, I might as well give it a shot.

Last edited by mising; 10-29-2015 at 12:51 PM.
Old 10-29-2015, 12:58 PM   #38
FOV
Connoisseur
FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: MagicBook A6LHD
I've uploaded a full version firmware, why not have used to restore your device?
FOV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 01:50 PM   #39
mising
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOV View Post
I've uploaded a full version firmware, why not have used to restore your device?
Thank you again for that, I saw it in the other thread and I plan on doing it tonight when I get home from work. I already have it downloaded, I just wanted to wait and see how ArtaTech responded first.
Old 10-30-2015, 01:04 PM   #40
mising
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOV View Post
Wow, that worked great! It is just like brand new out of the box. Saved me from having to send it back to ArtaTech, although I wonder why they could not provide this type of tool and/or service?
Old 09-28-2023, 04:46 PM   #41
daimosan
daimosan began at the beginning.

Device: inkbook onyx
can you upload it again please.

Hello,
is it possible to upload it again?

Regards,
daimosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2023, 11:27 AM   #42
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by daimosan View Post
Hello,
is it possible to upload it again?

Regards,
Considering that the firmware link was posted 8 years ago and the last time @FOV logged in was 4 years ago, I would suspect that you are not going to get any response.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote