Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-31-2009, 06:17 PM   #76
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
The burning question is: Did Zelda wear her socks?
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 06:46 PM   #77
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
The burning question is: Did Zelda wear her socks?
zelda definitely wore her socks but she wished she was wearing ten pairs, because it is FREEZING tonight !!!! wow.

the meetup went really great, we had about 15 people and 12 stayed for dinner. discussion was very lively and geeky, with conversations about hardware (of course), software too, publishers, formats, piracy, drm... and many other topics. lots and lots of hardware of all sorts too !

as usual i was a bit frustrated not to be able to participate in every conversation at the same time ! i really must do some more resarch on ubiquity. i have to say that mobileread is frequented by a very good class of people.

we wish that you all could have been there too, and we drank a toast to absent friends, thinking of you ! (were your ears burning, around 9 or 9.30pm ?)
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2009, 06:48 PM   #78
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
zelda definitely wore her socks but she wished she was wearing ten pairs, because it is FREEZING tonight !!!! wow.

the meetup went really great, we had about 15 people and 12 stayed for dinner. discussion was very lively and geeky, with conversations about hardware (of course), software too, publishers, formats, piracy, drm... and many other topics. lots and lots of hardware of all sorts too !

as usual i was a bit frustrated not to be able to participate in every conversation at the same time ! i really must do some more resarch on ubiquity. i have to say that mobileread is frequented by a very good class of people.

we wish that you all could have been there too, and we drank a toast to absent friends, thinking of you ! (were your ears burning, around 9 or 9.30pm ?)
It's only 6:45 pm here, so I'll let you know in a few hours
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 06:49 PM   #79
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

hee ! right. i meant 9.30pm paris time, of course.

oh, and i'm sad to say that i think nobody had a crème brûlée, but two people had a pannacotta, if you can take that as consolation...
Old 01-31-2009, 06:51 PM   #80
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:

oh, and i'm sad to say that i think nobody had a crème brûlée, but two people had a pannacotta, if you can take that as consolation...
Meh, weak substitute. I shall have to console myself with Girl Scout cookies.

Glad you guys had a good time
Advert
Old 01-31-2009, 07:09 PM   #81
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Meh, weak substitute. I shall have to console myself with Girl Scout cookies.

Glad you guys had a good time

but, but....didn't you say they were gone? That was why you couldn't share........

desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 07:09 PM   #82
zelda_pinwheel

i think she is taunting you, dg !
Old 01-31-2009, 07:10 PM   #83
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
but, but....didn't you say they were gone? That was why you couldn't share........

I lied
Old 01-31-2009, 07:12 PM   #84
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
i think she is taunting you, dg !

Kids!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 10:53 PM   #85
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:

Oooh - pannacotta is just as delish!

Wish we could have been there - glad you all a good time
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:42 AM   #86
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
Oooh - pannacotta is just as delish!
Seconded, and going back for seconds.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 10:03 AM   #87
YGG-
Dry fruit
YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Bookeen Opus + HTC Desire HD
Pictures ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
15 people??!! Post pictures of you, of the food, of your Cybooks, Sonys, IRexes. Best regards to all of you!!!!
Zelda did take pictures of us all proudly showing our liseuses ? Zelda, will you post it?
YGG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 10:06 AM   #88
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGG- View Post
Zelda did take pictures of us all proudly showing our liseuses ? Zelda, will you post it?
yes, here they are !

it's still early but the place is pretty packed ! if we get more people next time we might need to ask mauro to break down a wall.

yep, we gotcher gadgets right here !

reporting live from la trottinette, thanks to ygg

Old 02-01-2009, 10:11 AM   #89
zelda_pinwheel

and a few more :

some of us have more than one gadget

even during dinner we couldn't stop discussing liseuses

a selection of the gadgets present :

ipod touch, cybook Gen3, sony 505, eb1150, cybook Gen3 (bis), Sony 700, Iliad, Nokia 810, Palm

Old 02-01-2009, 10:12 AM   #90
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Great pics, zelda!

Tags
apéro, back by popular demand, be there with bells on, meet-up, meetup, paris, rencontre, show'em how it's done, the original