Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-13-2014, 06:14 PM   #16
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I read that as "Wireless Air Conditioning support". Which, considering it is summer here, seemed perfectly reasonable. But, then I thought of the size of the battery needed.
Well for the power, of course it would be powered by a self contained nano nuclear battery source, you kind of need it to power the soft ice cream function.

regards

Jack

Last edited by jackastor; 02-13-2014 at 06:19 PM.
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 03:27 AM   #17
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Soft ice cream? Yum! How much longer will it take them to add a port for sprinkles? I have a notion that the optional extras are going to cost a lot more than the base device, but hey, sprinkles!
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2014, 05:40 AM   #18
Iskariot
Zealot
Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950 Daily Edition, Kobo Aura HD
My ultimate Kobo would be able to handle my entire library with lightning speed.
(I am one of those idiots who would like to store all his ebooks on his reader all the time)
Iskariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 12:28 PM   #19
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iskariot View Post
My ultimate Kobo would be able to handle my entire library with lightning speed.
(I am one of those idiots who would like to store all his ebooks on his reader all the time)
I have all 5000 eBooks on mine. That's a fact jack. (Yes I stole it from si)
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 01:14 PM   #20
Liesse
Zealot
Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma
Thought of something else. Sorry.

I read a lot in bed and it was bloody freezing last night. I lay on my side with one arm buried under the covers while the other held my Glo, turning pages with the same hand.

The arm and hand that were holding it got cold. But it was a good book, so I couldn't stop reading, obviously. My solution to this usually involves lots of shifting about and flipping over. But if I get my ULTIMATE KOBO, it has occurred to me that I can fix the cold arm problem.

I would like a HOVER KOBO, please. It must be able to levitate at a stable predefined height, without making any noise that would disturb my reading. It must also be able to interpret some sort of eye movement or mental signal so it knows when to turn the pages without me having to take my arm and hand out of the duvet.

Get on this please, Kobo. Cheers.
Liesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2014, 10:48 PM   #21
TechniSol
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I have all 5000 eBooks on mine. That's a fact jack. (Yes I stole it from si)
No offense, but that should be "Dat's the fact, Jack!", and Si probably stole it from Bill Murray in "Stripes"...
Old 02-14-2014, 10:53 PM   #22
TechniSol

Liesse,

I bet you're going to love the new Kobo sleep cover case which rolls out into a full sized sleeping bag...

Last edited by TechniSol; 02-15-2014 at 12:41 AM.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:25 PM   #23
barutanseijin
Nxfgrrjks
barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barutanseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: aura hd
This is obvious, but it should be waterproof so you can read in the bath, on the beach, under a waterfall or take it on a kayaking trip.
barutanseijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 11:47 PM   #24
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
It should be smart enough to run ANY f/w whether designed for that particular unit or not; no possibility of bricking it when flashing an OS/390 image by mistake.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 12:36 AM   #25
TechniSol

And I thought asking for sprinkles was a lot... ;-)
Old 02-15-2014, 08:32 AM   #26
Joques
Addict
Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.

Device: Kobo Glo
A waterproof reader would be perfect, and it isn't even that unfeasible these days.
Joques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 10:36 PM   #27
TechniSol

There is a company that waterproofs cellphones, possibly other devices... I would imagine the question might come down to materials compatible with the waterproofing coating being used in it's construction, or that one might have to go to a capacitive screen like Aura if the coating changes the refractive properties of the IR transmissive plastic used in former models.
Old 02-16-2014, 02:20 AM   #28
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
My perfect Kobo would be a hybrid between my existing Kobo and my Kindle Paperwhite.

I want Kobo to allow me to email my own books to it like Amazon
I want them to store my books in their cloud, like Amszon
I want an SD card slot (which I have)
I want a PERFECT screen (even better than the HD), no pin pricks, colour smudges or defects of any kind.
I want lighting fast speed, regardless of the number of books stored
I'd like 3G that delivers my own books not just the ones I buy from Kobo
And finally I'd like to live in a world that has one ebook format with no DRM so I can buy a book from anywhere, email it to my reader and just read it.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 06:13 AM   #29
Joques
Addict
Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.

Device: Kobo Glo
I'd actually like a music player in there too. Annoyed at having to go find my phone if I want to listen to music while reading.
Joques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:19 AM   #30
arspr
Dead account. Bye
arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joques View Post
I'd actually like a music player in there too. Annoyed at having to go find my phone if I want to listen to music while reading.
YEESSS.

But it seems a step back nearly all the brands have taken. I mean my old Sony PRS-650 has a built-in music player but, IIRC it was killed in its PRS-T2 grandson. And this issue also happened in Kindles. I suppose, nearly all the manufacturers think that we always carry a smartphone so music playing is not worth anymore as a feature...

(But if they think we also carry a smartphone, why the hell do they still put a Web Browser or other goodies in the eReaders? ... I'm going to shut up just in case there's a genius reading these forums)

Last edited by arspr; 02-16-2014 at 11:32 AM.
arspr is offline   Reply With Quote