Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 08-29-2010, 10:42 AM   #1
canezila
Edge User

Talking Good service and quick turn around time

I feel like I need to share an experience I had with enTourage regarding getting my audio jack fixed.

1st. They were very nice to deal with.
2nd. Shipping and overall turn-around was excellent.
3rd. I realize how dependent I am on my eDGe. I use it for a lot and miss it when its gone.

- just wanted to share a positive experience since some might not have had to deal with them in this fashion

- and I hope that they do not lose their good customer service when they hit big-time

Old 08-29-2010, 01:19 PM   #2
NiaTrue
Edge User

Many of us have experienced the excellent customer service and all-around friendliness of enTourage staff. I'm one of them. I, too, hope they retain that element of their corporate culture when they hit the big time.

Advert
Old 08-29-2010, 04:24 PM   #3
mphoseeko
Edge User

I have had very good experience with customer service.
Thanks enTourage , please keep the edge

Old 08-30-2010, 08:50 AM   #4
sarah11918
Edge User

I've also had the "so good you're not sure whether you should praise because maybe they weren't supposed to do that for you" kind of service from Entourage that others have reported. At the risk of this being a total love-in thread, I'll say that it does ease your mind buying a first generation, unique product from a relatively unknown company knowing that you're getting service from real, earnest people. If anything, at least this thread can inspire confidence in dealing with the company for those considering the device.

Old 08-30-2010, 10:50 AM   #5
NiaTrue
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah11918 View Post
If anything, at least this thread can inspire confidence in dealing with the company for those considering the device.
Lest a potential buyer think we all had to deal with hardware or software problems, my issue was purely administrative. They were also quick (and polite) in answering specific questions about which codecs work best on the eDGe for video files.

Advert
Old 08-30-2010, 11:00 AM   #6
cheyennedonna
Edge User

I have also been the recipient of terrific tech support, so good I was surprised. I'm used to dealing with barely can speak English support that put you on hold while they Google the answer; and invariably suggest a factory reload as the only solution to a problem. I hope this company stays around for a long time.

Old 08-30-2010, 12:03 PM   #7
aidren
Edge User

Quote:
I'm used to dealing with barely can speak English support that put you on hold while they Google the answer;
a few years ago I had to call a company's customer service in Georgia.... I might as well have been speaking to someone of another language... could barely understand a word the 'good ol' boy' had to say

Old 08-31-2010, 04:52 PM   #8
Chubulor
Edge User

Maybe Entourage should switch the public relations biz. They seem to have created a good impression in all of you guys despite the fact they're clearly incompetent at software development -- you know, the business they purport to be in -- and demonstrate that fact again today with the Dingo issues list. Did they just discover these problems today? Or did they know all these issues existed on Friday when they confidently proclaimed Aug 30 would be the release day? Either possibility doesn't leave one with a feeling of confidence in their skill set.

Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to [urine] off and insult independent developers who would have helped to fix the mess that Entourage released, in favor of maintaining a "positive tone" in the forum. To be honest, I'd rather have a device that actually works than a positive tone on an internet forum.

Last edited by Chubulor; 08-31-2010 at 04:54 PM. Reason: replaced a four letter word beginning with P

Old 08-31-2010, 05:18 PM   #9
StevenP
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubulor View Post
To be honest, I'd rather have a device that actually works than a positive tone on an internet forum.
Sorry to hear your Edge is broken.

Old 08-31-2010, 05:29 PM   #10
Chubulor
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenP View Post
Sorry to hear your Edge is broken.
Yours is too. Can you watch YouTube videos and log into Yahoo Mail? Do you have a working right parenthesis key and images can be moved around on the screen?

Old 08-31-2010, 05:34 PM   #11
StevenP
Edge User

Quote:
Yours is too. Can you watch YouTube videos and log into Yahoo Mail? Do you have a working right parenthesis key and images can be moved around on the screen?
Software bugs... sure, they exist. Find any bugs in Windows? I find bugs in Microsoft's software all the time. As a developer that uses their development tools I can point out tons of bugs they have. It's a part of life. As Donald Knuth has said (grandfather of Computer Science) programming is the most complex thing humans have ever done. Bugs happen.

Old 08-31-2010, 05:37 PM   #12
canezila
Edge User

Thinking ahead... maybe their talk of beta testing will be a way of putting people like robot to work. Or, more like, using robot's work and ideas... If half of his ideas are implemented, things will be good.... I have faith.

Old 08-31-2010, 05:39 PM   #13
StevenP
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by canezila View Post
Thinking ahead... maybe their talk of beta testing will be a way of putting people like robot to work. Or, more like, using robot's work and ideas... If half of his ideas are implemented, things will be good.... I have faith.
I agree. This is really a step in the right direction for Entourage.

Old 08-31-2010, 05:44 PM   #14
fgruber
Edge User

what is the issue with Yahoo mail? Is it the email app? or is it the web version that doesn't work?

Because yahoo free doesn't provide pop or imap for all I know. So don't see how it would work with the email app...

Quote:

Old 08-31-2010, 05:46 PM   #15
StevenP
Edge User

I have Yahoo! Email Plus which works great with the email app. Hopefully, someone on here who has the free version can help you.