Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-19-2011, 01:01 PM   #346
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppaea View Post
This is going to be tough and I might loose: Three new books of different series coming out at July 1st.

What am I to do? Buy them, stay addicted to buying and become a victim of selfhate?

Or skip buying and have a nervous breakdown because I am a control freak loosing control?
[pretend I'm saying this in a soothing, monotone voice]
Take a deep breath, Poppaea. Stay far away from the computer on July 1st. Remind yourself that you have a pile of unread ebooks already. These new series books will still be there after you've read the books you already have. Take another deep breath. You can get through this.

[this is in a more serious tone]
*And quit enabling Pooh!*
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 01:34 PM   #347
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
If I bought them on someone else's computer, used their CC and paid them back cash or even better make them buy the books for me.. then I technically wouldn't have bought books, or would I?
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 01:43 PM   #348
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
If I bought them on someone else's computer, used their CC and paid them back cash or even better make them buy the books for me.. then I technically wouldn't have bought books, or would I?
The first scenario is still a purchase by proxy, the second would be a gift (or extortion, depending on how you manage it).
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 01:44 PM   #349
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh. Do you want to be my friend???
Old 06-19-2011, 01:47 PM   #350
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Your tricks won't work on me, no matter how cute your avatar is. A REAL friend helps you beat your problems and makes you stronger, not enables you to feed your addiction. So yes, I'll be your friend, and no, I won't buy you any books.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:51 PM   #351
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat

*pouts*

Pooh, darling! Where are you???
Old 06-19-2011, 01:58 PM   #352
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Your tricks won't work on me, no matter how cute your avatar is.
How can you deny that cute face? I think you're a meanie
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 02:03 PM   #353
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
How can you deny that cute face? I think you're a meanie
I have an adorable dog, so I have mastered the skill of being "stronger than the cute".

And yes, sometimes I am a meanie.
Old 06-19-2011, 02:05 PM   #354
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Don't worry Poppaea ..... just sneak up on that little annoying kiwi (she'll never hear a leopard coming! ) and push that little beak into the ground! Then listen to the squawking!

The noise will cover up the click when we buy another ebook!

She's just jealous! Wants to join our "Ebooks Without Guilt" club!
Kiwis can outrun leopards, or failing that fly away (if we could)

I don't need to join your "Ebooks without guilt" club because I don't have any guilt.

Quote:
And poppaea, you're at it again, trying to encourage others to feed your addiction.

I'm off to bask in the reflection off my halo, I haven't downloaded anything to my reader in since Friday night.

Poppea, maybe you do need to talk to me, kiwis are expert at buying books and making it look like like they didn't. ever heard of geo restrictions?
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 02:58 PM   #355
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Poppaea... get a grip, be honest and say the following, "I don't have a problem, I like books... you can never have too many books, the problem is other people, they're closet book haters!"
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:01 PM   #356
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcreative View Post
Poppaea... get a grip, be honest and say the following, "I don't have a problem, I like books... you can never have too many books, the problem is other people, they're closet book haters!"
Finally, a sane person
Old 06-19-2011, 03:09 PM   #357
Loosheesh
Wizard

Quote:
I have an adorable dog, so I have mastered the skill of being "stronger than the cute".

And yes, sometimes I am a meanie.
Haha, we had a dog like that ... don't know if I mastered the "stronger than cute" thing with him though. Hmm, must ask the hubby, he was always the firm one
Old 06-19-2011, 03:37 PM   #358
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
*pouts*

Pooh, darling! Where are you???
I'm right here. You're never without my support. I'll help you with those meanies. We're fine.

Did I miss something?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:38 PM   #359
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Your tricks won't work on me, no matter how cute your avatar is. A REAL friend helps you beat your problems and makes you stronger, not enables you to feed your addiction. So yes, I'll be your friend, and no, I won't buy you any books.
A REAL friend sits next to you after the dust settles and says "Damn, that was fun, wasn't it?"

Don't worry Poppaea, I'll help you be stronger - to buy ebooks and resist these cruel blandishments!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:41 PM   #360
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
A REAL friend sits next to you after the dust settles and says "Damn, that was fun, wasn't it?"
Actually, a real friend hands you a beer and says, "Pass me that bucket of chicken!"