Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: What's your favourite animal as a pet?
Cat 45 39.13%
Dog 51 44.35%
Rabbit 4 3.48%
Rat 1 0.87%
Fish 4 3.48%
Goat 3 2.61%
Other 7 6.09%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-11-2009, 11:03 AM   #136
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazzycat View Post
I have a cat but want to have a rabbit!)))
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehKitten View Post
I like cats more =D

p.s. check my username =p
Welcome to MobileRead and The Llounge, crazzycat and tehKitten. I suppose we can withstand a couple more kitties running around here (although if you ask me there aren't nearly enough doggies).
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 05:49 AM   #137
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Welcome to MobileRead and The Llounge, crazzycat and tehKitten. I suppose we can withstand a couple more kitties running around here (although if you ask me there aren't nearly enough doggies).

yep - welcome to all the new kitties .....

we don't need more dogs - we've got vr and he's more than enough ... to keep us cats in check ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2009, 08:26 AM   #138
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
yep - welcome to all the new kitties .....

we don't need more dogs - we've got vr and he's more than enough ... to keep us cats in check ....
Dang, you're a funny lookin' cat, Geoff. I'm just saying.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:30 AM   #139
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Dang, you're a funny lookin' cat, Geoff. I'm just saying.

ssshhhh ! - i'm in disguise ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:11 PM   #140
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
They brought me home one year ago today. I hope it snows a lot tonight so that I can go out and play in it tomorrow.

Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2009, 10:08 PM   #141
Fuzzykinz
Lover of things fuzzeh
Fuzzykinz began at the beginning.

Device: BN nook, iPod touch second gen
Goooooaaaaat!

D:
Fuzzykinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:39 PM   #142
AbbyNormal
Geek
AbbyNormal began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 360, Pocket Edge, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
They brought me home one year ago today. I hope it snows a lot tonight so that I can go out and play in it tomorrow.

What a cutie!! What kind of dog?
AbbyNormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:42 PM   #143
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbyNormal View Post
What a cutie!! What kind of dog?
I'm an American Cocker Spaniel X Miniature Poodle.

And the snow turned into rain so not so much fun today.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:48 PM   #144
AbbyNormal
Geek
AbbyNormal began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 360, Pocket Edge, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
I can handle reactions like these (snickering & rofling). I was walking the pupply last week when a young man said "He looks like a real killer". I responded with "She's a she!"

As long as I'm not condemned for not getting a rescue dog. I also don't want to spark any debate on rescue vs non-rescue pets. I admire those that rescue any pets. We tried, we really did, but small(ish) dogs go fast at our local shelters due to the high number of condominiums in our area. I couldn't submit a large dog to condominium life, and I'll admit it was a difficult decision to even submit a small(ish) dog to such small quarters.

There are some large dogs, some rescued, in our complex. Some seem quite content, others seem restless. Some don't get the excercise they need.

I am fortunate that I am home most days and can take our puppy for several walks a day. A lot of owners leave their dogs home alone all day when they go to work, or take them to a "doggy daycare" facility. If I wasn't going to be home most of the time, I wouldn't have gotten a dog in the first place. I don't know my neighbours that well so I couldn't depend on any of them to look after the puppy, and we have no relatives that live close by that could "look-in" on her in our absence.

WDE.
Greyhounds make great apartment/condo dogs even though they are large. I have one and he is the laziest couch-hound you ever met. They are also easily available for rescue in areas where they are used for racing.
AbbyNormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:44 PM   #145
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Yet another reason to choose an option other than dog for a pet.

Dog turns on stove, setting house ablaze. Anyone else suspecting bacon on the stove as the real cause?
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:30 PM   #146
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Missed this thread until it was revived. I'm a dog person -- specifically, I enjoy spending time, walking and otherwise, with German shepherds. My wife is not a fan.

Before I had kids I had lizards -- various anoles in a terrarium. My wife was not a fan of lizards, either.

Now that the kids are off to college, I may talk to my wife about getting another tank for lizards. When she comes to, I may be able to bargain down to a German shepherd.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:19 AM   #147
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
Cat, by far.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote