Old 03-30-2009, 09:54 AM   #1
ziobleed
ziobleed began at the beginning.

Device: still nothing
to european buyers of sony prs 700

hi all,
im going to buy the prs 700 from bhphoto from usa

i'll surely pay the vat (+20 %)and border taxes (+4%)? so
the final price will be prs cost + shipping + duties ?
or there s the possibility that i will not pay the extras?
there s a way (legal) to avoid these extras?

there are others possible hidden costs?
ziobleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 10:53 AM   #2
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziobleed;
hi all,
im going to buy the prs 700 from bhphoto from usa

i'll surely pay the vat (+20 %)and border taxes (+4%)? so
the final price will be prs cost + shipping + duties ?
or there s the possibility that i will not pay the extras?
there s a way (legal) to avoid these extras?

If you are in Europe have you checked the price on this site? Should be no taxes

http://www.apoloxxi.com/epages/62035249.sf

http://www.apoloxxi.com/epages/62035...bjectID=216000

Last edited by columbus; 03-30-2009 at 10:57 AM. Reason: links
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2009, 01:07 AM   #3
mos
Addict
mos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it is

Device: iphone 4, iPad, Nook softrooted
I received mine last week and ordered it by the same seller.

If you order it, there is no legal way to avoid the fees and dutys. Mine had cost incl. shipping and customs clearance ca. 350 € all in all.

If you know someone who is on vacation in the US, it'S cheaper. Since they can bring gifts now for (I think) 450 € without customs clearance.
mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 08:19 AM   #4
lmcosorio
lmcosorio began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-700
Apollo XXI

Hi,

If you order through appolloxxi (spain) you'll need to pay vat tax if you are not a company.
Regarding the company, i can say they have a very good service. I ordered one day and received it one the following day in Portugal.

Regards,

Luis
lmcosorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 08:48 AM   #5
hekkel
Enthusiast
hekkel is on a distinguished road

Device: PRS-505, Cybook Opus
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziobleed View Post
When I ordered my PRS-505 the hidden cost was in the handling of the VAT and other taxes (customs clearance) by the shipping company (DHL? UPS? don't remember). They really charged a ridiculous amount, something like 10 or 15 euro's excl. VAT.

-maarten
hekkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2009, 07:46 AM   #6
Hughdal
Connoisseur
Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Ex Sony-Ex Nook-New PW User
I just returned from a holiday in New York city. During one of my many strolls I stumbled upon the BH Photo shop in New York on West 34th Street (I think). The store is massive with every conceivable electronic toy available and very knowledgable sales staff. I spent hours just wandering the aisles dreaming. I now understand why so many people have had a good experience dealing with BH Photo.

Hughdal
Hughdal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 07:53 AM   #7
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I've done business with B&H for many years. They are the only really reliable company that will ship to me regardless of where I am in the world, and do so in a matter of just a few days! I bought my Sony 505 from them, as I couldn't get the English language version here in Japan. They deal with SonyCanada which isn't under the same contractual limitations as SonyUSA when it comes to world wide shipping.

They will also honor your requests to use International Parcel Post instead of insisting upon UPS or FedEx!

If you want to use them for international sales, you will have to fax them a photocopy of both sides of your credit card. (This is not needed for US sales.) Also, be sure to check the home page before ordering as they are closed for ALL the Jewish holidays and will not even accept orders during those times. For phone orders, they close Friday afternoon until Sunday mornings too. Their customer service is the very best I have ever encountered in my 20 years of living in Asia.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 11:07 AM   #8
ziobleed
ziobleed began at the beginning.

Device: still nothing
thank to you all for the clear responses

i bought the prs 700 from bhphoto
ziobleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:34 PM   #9
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziobleed View Post
thank to you all for the clear responses

i bought the prs 700 from bhphoto
There is a fellow there named Henry Posner who will fix ANY problem instantly. He is one of the VP's and in charge of sales training and customer service. He is very easy to get along with, and will bend over backwards to help rectify a problem. He wants everyone to be happy with B&H. He usually monitors the internet looking for people with electrical or camera problems that they are unable to solve, and quietly pops in with a solution. Very nice guy!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote