Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-10-2012, 07:25 AM   #211
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I have the brightness set to 0, 12, and 24 (full), respectively. I'm satisfied with my screen, no complaints. Though I don't know if my Kindle falls into the category of 'good' Paperwhites.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	466
Size:	576.0 KB
ID:	95879   Click image for larger version

Name:	image (1).jpeg
Views:	498
Size:	664.0 KB
ID:	95880   Click image for larger version

Name:	image (2).jpeg
Views:	492
Size:	468.0 KB
ID:	95881  
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:33 AM   #212
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
voracious, your Kindle PW looks good to me!

gazella, yours looks great, but now I am glad I ordered a dark (purple) case b/c I would find a light border, like yours, very distracting. (at least, it is in these pictures, to me)
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2012, 07:48 AM   #213
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post

gazella, yours looks great, but now I am glad I ordered a dark (purple) case b/c I would find a light border, like yours, very distracting. (at least, it is in these pictures, to me)
I ordered it in Honey as you can see and I love it. The color and the leather cover look really nice. I don't find it distracting at all but a lot of people like you may do.
Old 11-10-2012, 07:57 AM   #214
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazella20 View Post
I ordered it in Honey as you can see and I love it. The color and the leather cover look really nice. I don't find it distracting at all but a lot of people like you may do.
As long as you like it, that's what matters. I was going to get the brown, but the purple caught my eye. I wish it was a tad brighter.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:04 AM   #215
Gazella
Wizard

Quote:
As long as you like it, that's what matters. I was going to get the brown, but the purple caught my eye. I wish it was a tad brighter.
I agree, the Royal Purple looks amazing. I love the color because it's not so dark and not really light that it may be distracting to you.
Advert
Old 11-10-2012, 09:00 AM   #216
llcj
Addict
llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
I'm wondering if the colour perception is somewhat divided by gender. I seem to recall reading that women have more colour receptors in the red spectrum than men do. Please forgive me if I have gotten this completely confused as it has been some time since I have read about it.
llcj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:24 AM   #217
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by llcj View Post
I'm wondering if the colour perception is somewhat divided by gender. I seem to recall reading that women have more colour receptors in the red spectrum than men do. Please forgive me if I have gotten this completely confused as it has been some time since I have read about it.
It's certainly true that red-green colour blindness (by far the most common type) is far more common amongst men than women, affecting around 8% of men and only about 0.5% of women. The reason for this is that it's carried by the X-chromosome, of which men have only 1, but women 2, and a woman will only suffer from the condition if both her X-chromosomes have the genetic defect.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:08 PM   #218
voracious71
Addict
voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kindle PW4, Kobo Clara
Quote:

I took some pictures with the iphone last night and they are far more accurate. I dont doubt that some got PWs with blotches but I'm not one of them.

And I admit, it annoys me when people are telling you that you must have the blotches, because they did. If you don't see them, you are color blind, gullible or an Amazon fan boy/girl.

I should have waited to post a picture though. Both pictures I took with my ipad looked like crap.
voracious71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:10 PM   #219
llcj
Addict
llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi HarryT,

No, it's not colour blindness I'm talking about. If I remember correctly, it is that women actually have more colour receptors for reds. I read it in one of those small articles in Scientific American a few years ago.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:11 PM   #220
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by llcj View Post
Hi HarryT,

No, it's not colour blindness I'm talking about. If I remember correctly, it is that women actually have more colour receptors for reds. I read it in one of those small articles in Scientific American a few years ago.
That's what colour blindness is. The development of photoreceptors in the eye is controlled by a gene in the X-chromosome. If the gene is faulty, some or all of these colour sensors fail to develop correctly.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:17 PM   #221
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazella20 View Post
I have the brightness set to 0, 12, and 24 (full), respectively. I'm satisfied with my screen, no complaints. Though I don't know if my Kindle falls into the category of 'good' Paperwhites.
It looks really great! I see no color blotchiness at all. I think yours is the first pic I can say that about.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:08 PM   #222
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That's what colour blindness is. The development of photoreceptors in the eye is controlled by a gene in the X-chromosome. If the gene is faulty, some or all of these colour sensors fail to develop correctly.
llcj might be talking about tetrachromacy
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:31 PM   #223
Gazella
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It looks really great! I see no color blotchiness at all. I think yours is the first pic I can say that about.
I'm glad
Old 11-11-2012, 09:34 AM   #224
llcj
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Yes, I understand completely what colour blindness is and how it is controlled. This is not what I am talking about. Apparently, the average female eye has more colour receptors for the red spectrum than the average male eye in healthy, normal humans. If I find the time I will search out a reference and post.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:36 AM   #225
llcj
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
llcj might be talking about tetrachromacy
This does sound like what I am talking about.